• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

SH and alcohol

G

george81

Why do I feel like SH’ing more after drinking? The urge is already there. A lot of the time I can’t feel anything, alcohol lets me have some feelings xxx

OmniscientNihilist

OmniscientNihilist

Why do I feel like SH’ing more after drinking? The urge is already there. A lot of the time I can’t feel anything, alcohol lets me have some feelings xxx
i started drinking after my emotions shut down. i didnt know what was wrong at first, it was like the world was black and white instead of color. then i realized my emotions were gone. which is really hard, especially at first because your not adapted to it yet. its like a loved one dying, suddenly there is just this big gap in your life. something large is missing. takes time to fill it in with coping mechanisms. drinking is a common initial outlet. its weird but alcohol seems to almost simulate emotion a bit or something. thats part of the reason people are drunk calling their X's at 3am. it seems to enhance or simulate that emotion feeling. eventually i quit because it was interfering with my allergy meds. and my allergies are hassle. i started eating ice cream every day at the same time i used to drink. which helped me get off it.