• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

sexual trauma 3 weeks ago * may trigger*

B

ballerina123

3 weeks ago I was raped.
as a result it has made me psychotic (I have schizoaffective disorder).
Im now under the home treatment team.
I keep getting flashbacks and I worry every man I see will rape me.
I can wear skirts anymore because I think its easy access to my private area.

Has anyone gone though this?
what is the best way I can help myself?

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
So sorry you have been through this, ballerina :hug1: that must have been terrifying.

I have not gone through this myself but there will be others who have and can help.

Have you been in touch with Rape Crisis at all? There is a link here

Rape Crisis England & Wales

they can offer you counselling if you would like this and other support. x

B

ballerina123

So sorry you have been through this, ballerina :hug1: that must have been terrifying.

I have not gone through this myself but there will be others who have and can help.

Have you been in touch with Rape Crisis at all? There is a link here

Rape Crisis England & Wales

they can offer you counselling if you would like this and other support. x
thanks ive been in touch with them and called their helpline but its really hard to get though. Im on the list for counselling with them as I live near their head quarters.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Hey,
I have had traumatic experiences but it didn't make me psychotic - my mind reacted very differently. I completely understand the fear though and not wanting to make yourself vulnerable.

My main reason for replying was just to say i'm so sorry this has happened to you. It's truly awful.:hug1:

I hope that the home treatment team are being supportive.
I'm not sure if you've already said this, but in the past i've requested for female-only staff to see me, so that I wouldn't be alone with a man and they were quite accommodating to that fact.

I hope also that you're not waiting too long for counselling. It's challenging to talk about these things but ultimately, it may help you process your feelings now so that they won't come back to haunt you later.

Take good care of yourself. And if you ever want to talk, i'm here.

H

Hebz3

:hug1:

So sorry this happened to you. I can identify. The only thing that helps is to be gentle with yourself, and to know that you're not alone in what you're going through. Talk about it only if you feel safe to do so. Concentrate on doing things to make you feel safe. Small steps. I wish you strength and love in your recovery . Safe hugs xx

B

ballerina123

thanks guys

I took an OD because of the flashbacks and ended up in a coma. just got out of the hospital.
Im not coping well with this but I will try to look after myself better.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Can't post much today but wanted to say sorry, and yes I've experienced similar things to what you've described because of both childhood SA and adult SA, in being afraid of men and covering up. I am so sorry the trauma of it led you to OD. The aftermath of being raped emotionally and psycholically can be trully beyond what most people can trully comprehend. Just sending huge huge hugs. Try to be patient with yourself, it takes a long long time to heal from this type of trauma, do get a counsellor and take all the help you can get. Thankyou for your bravery in telling us what happened to you.

B

ballerina123

Can't post much today but wanted to say sorry, and yes I've experienced similar things to what you've described because of both childhood SA and adult SA, in being afraid of men and covering up. I am so sorry the trauma of it led you to OD. The aftermath of being raped emotionally and psycholically can be trully beyond what most people can trully comprehend. Just sending huge huge hugs. Try to be patient with yourself, it takes a long long time to heal from this type of trauma, do get a counsellor and take all the help you can get. Thankyou for your bravery in telling us what happened to you.
I have a victim support officer and a mh team who are looking after me. they have been helpful.