• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sexual Supplements / Medication

W

woodstock84

Hi all,

I hope this doesn't seem like a strange post on a mental health forum. It is actually causing me some anxiety, so I was hoping somebody could advise.

I took Sertraline for many years for depression. I have recently gotten to a point where I have been able to come off it, mostly through lifestyle changes / exercise etc. Ideally, I don't want to have to rely on an SSRI... although there is nothing wrong with doing so.

One thing about Sertraline that worked amazingly well for me though, as a kind of positive side-effect, was to do with my sexual performance! Basically, I can have sex for as long as I like on Sertraline. It still feels great, I can just control and delay my orgams really well on it.

Now, I don't necessarily have a major problem with premature ejaculation. I know SSRIs can actually be used specifically for this problem, but it seems a little extreme for me. I probably do suffer from it in a minor way, and I think it is now also on my mind a lot more because I don't have the Sertraline making it easy for me!

My question is: should I go back on Sertraline long-term for this reason? Or does anybody know of any other supplements that work as well as Sertraline for this purpose?

I'd also be interested to know whether others have had similar experiences with this drug?

Thanks

Z

Zoe1

hi woodstock :welcome: !

I would have thought some counselling would be better
rather than going back on a med
that you no longer need

you might have some psychological reason
or you might find its nothing to worry about
I'm sure its pretty normal

I hope you get some help here anyway

🎼🌳🎨🐢

W

woodstock84

hi woodstock :welcome: !

I would have thought some counselling would be better
rather than going back on a med
that you no longer need

you might have some psychological reason
or you might find its nothing to worry about
I'm sure its pretty normal

I hope you get some help here anyway

🎼🌳🎨🐢

W

woodstock84

Thanks for replying Zoe. Quite honestly, I don’t want counselling, I just want some kind of supplement that helps things in the way Sertraline did! It’s not a major problem, but it would make me happier

Z

Zoe1

well you could put it to your psychiatrist
but they probably wont think its a good reason

W

woodstock84

well you could put it to your psychiatrist
but they probably wont think its a good reason
It wouldn't be a good reason... I do accept that! I just want to know about supplements if possible