• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sexual Intrusive thoughts killing me

G

Gkhair19

Hi guys I'm so much in despair I'm on medication and my sex drive anxiety is through the roof cant stop thinking about sexual things im really depressed this is not my usual ocd I dont know what's happening to me I'm just plagued by constant sexual urges desires gross things I have never experienced anything like this I was googling which I shouldn't really be doing and it's coming up hypersexuality can medication cause this im feeling suicidal

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Sweetheart. You are not your thoughts. Are you on an anti OCD medication? :hug:

calypso

calypso

Admin
Sexual activity is about reassurance as much as anything else. Maybe you need to self hug this way?

J

Johntron9999

Hi thanks for your reply They just feel so real I am on a lot of medication buspirone,mirtrazipine and sertraline
well if you have been on those medications longer than 10 weeks its safe to say they are NOT working for you! you may need to keep trying something else. your anxiety and looping thoughts are out of control. im not a firm beleiver in therapy. i think it can help but when we enter depression and anxiety parts of out brain literally SHUT DOWN! theres suppose to be messages from the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus to make sense of these thoughts as harmless and there better things to think about and it calms down and shuts off the amydala the fear part of the brain.... something aint working right for you and im in the same boat. keep trying combos of antidepressants until you click with one or try natural suppliments. i know this to be true because i right now am back in severe depression and anxiety and it a mess....however many years ago when my anxiety and rumination and intrusive thoughts started i thought it was game over. that my brain is warped and wired to be crazy and thats it its a rap it was bad. but i tried my first ssri celexa and it really was life changing. ssris dont just block serotonin from being absorbed they ALSO do cause brain cells to rebuild and regenerate in the hippocampus. thats why it takes a few weeks for depression to life with these drugs because they also work and fix ur brain by rebuilding new cells. so after a few weeks i was back to myself again i still had social anxiety but i didnt have scary looping depressing thoughts! now im on the hunt for something else to work again... they fizzled out in my case deff tell ur phych ur medcation does not work...

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

Hi thanks for your reply They just feel so real I am on a lot of medication buspirone,mirtrazipine and sertraline
Hmm. Well maybe you need a medication change?? When is your next doctors appointment? :hug:

G

Gkhair19

Hmm. Well maybe you need a medication change?? When is your next doctors appointment? :hug:
Hi I was at the drs today I was having a tough day today I felt sick today when visiting my mum I'm very close to my mum I feel heartbroken as it's a trigger for my ocd I was giving two week supply of diazepam I'm afraid to take them but have too it's a horrible illness ocd is

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

:peace: I hope you feel better soon.

G

Gkhair19

well if you have been on those medications longer than 10 weeks its safe to say they are NOT working for you! you may need to keep trying something else. your anxiety and looping thoughts are out of control. im not a firm beleiver in therapy. i think it can help but when we enter depression and anxiety parts of out brain literally SHUT DOWN! theres suppose to be messages from the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus to make sense of these thoughts as harmless and there better things to think about and it calms down and shuts off the amydala the fear part of the brain.... something aint working right for you and im in the same boat. keep trying combos of antidepressants until you click with one or try natural suppliments. i know this to be true because i right now am back in severe depression and anxiety and it a mess....however many years ago when my anxiety and rumination and intrusive thoughts started i thought it was game over. that my brain is warped and wired to be crazy and thats it its a rap it was bad. but i tried my first ssri celexa and it really was life changing. ssris dont just block serotonin from being absorbed they ALSO do cause brain cells to rebuild and regenerate in the hippocampus. thats why it takes a few weeks for depression to life with these drugs because they also work and fix ur brain by rebuilding new cells. so after a few weeks i was back to myself again i still had social anxiety but i didnt have scary looping depressing thoughts! now im on the hunt for something else to work again... they fizzled out in my case deff tell ur phych ur medcation does not work...
Thanks for your response is all ocd in my head even though it's weird it feels so strange to have ocd all about masterbationI was seeing my mum today and was I'll the thoughts made me physically ill which was horrible my ocd without being graphic is about incest/masterbation I public I would never do it it repulsed me