• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Severely depressed

M

Meryl

I am severely depressed I have tried everything to snap out of it I have tried watching TV DVDs but all I do is sleep I can sleep for about 20 hours

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

Can you sleep ? If you have the time just sleep. Eventually you will feel a bit better.

ScaredCat

ScaredCat

If you are on meds could it be that they are contributing to you sleeping so much?

M

Meryl

No I am not on any meds but I am sleeping anyway

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I know being depressed is horrible and feeling so exhausted all the time can make you feel really unmotivated.
But, I think Brat is right - if you are in a position to sleep (as in, you don't need to be awake for a 9-5 job) then perhaps it's what your body needs.

Are you due to see a doctor or anything soon?
Am not sure if you've already had any blood tests in the past, but it's worth explaining how much you're sleeping, just in case there is a physical cause.
It is unusual to sleep so much if you're not on any meds.

M

Meryl

I have been severely depressed since January 2014 I am not doing anything I am not washing my clothes or brushing my hair all I do all day is sleep nothing else I have tried talking to people about they just say take antidepressants and you will happy again straight away

Agatha

Agatha

I can relate to you. I am depressed and hardly clean and don't do laundry. I sleep a lot, too. Do you have a doctor or therapist to discuss life issues with? I don't know what is making you so depressed. Sometimes it's our life in general and sometimes it can be genetic, a chemical imbalance. It can be traumatic things that have happened in our life, too. Taking meds is an option that I think you've been told about enough already but we also need to find out why we are depressed so badly. I don't want to get up when I sleep even though I wake up a lot. I hope you can find the answers to your dillemna.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Have you tried going out for a walk? When I can motivate myself to go to the woods I feel better, its just getting the motivation to start with

M

Meryl

When I sleep I pray that I won't wake up again I do that every time I go to sleep

V

volnash

I had a period of sleeping all the time before, i would litterally sleep all day and not want to leave bed, come to think of it i must have been depressed as i just wanted to shut the world out, and id just wait until it was night so i could go to bed again, know that i have been there and i know how you feel and you are not alone.

As for getting out of it, id say different things can help, certain activities during the day can keep your mind off it, if you are capable in your depression to do any of those things, this can be exercise or other hobbies just basically something you enjoy doing, whatever rocks your boat that is.

If all else fails and you continue to sleep all day and wont venture out into the world much, then medication can be an option, im affraid to reccomend them as i simply havent tried them myself, but i know they have helped for some people.

Hope what i write helps atleast a little bit.

M

Meryl

I am paranoid about people speaking to social services about me and they are out to get me

K

katy2020

Depression is not the word for it with me this is a little more then depression if people new the thoughts I had day in and day out tty hey wud be fucking depressed I was brought up in a dysfunctional family witnessed my mum getting battered every day by my dad I've been physically sexually and emotionally abused and have also witnessed alot of abuse been bullied since a young age given large amounts of alcohol at a very young age been given and taking hard drugs and loads of since 14 sofa surfing by the age of 15

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Meryl, why would they be out to get you?

Katy, do you still drink and take the drugs now? I drank & got wasted from a young age, in fact I carried on for some time but now I rarely even drink. When I do it tends to make me worse. Have you ever had any councilling with regards to your family situation?

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Meryl,
Have you had input from social services before? Is that why your worried about it?

M

Meryl

Yes I have had dealings with social services before I keep hearing noises and voices that are not there I think everybody is out to get me so I stay in my flat and I don't see anybody what could it be that I have got