• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Severe Depression

J

Jrchmn

Then no doubt every time something crappy happens at this time of year it gets seared into your memory. I plan ahead for memorable dates at this time of year and have a plan b just in case. I plan none demanding things and make a plan b just in case. If I plan anything for this time of year that involves any thing I could muck up ,even heating a pizza in the oven and watching a DVD with friends at my house, I plan it on a non memorable day. I also ask friends and family for practical gifts such as trips to the dump or household items that reduce work load/improve my environment.

Tawny

Tawny

Taking a break

Have you seen your doctor about your depression? If it is more physical than mental, that is usually a bad sign for me. Sleep problems are a big sign such as sleeping too much or too little and waking up too early. Being tired in the first half of the day but better in the evening is also a sign for me. Depression is different for everyone though but it does sound like you might need help or even medication.

In the meantime, my advice would be to make sure you get up and get dressed slowly, but try very hard to get a fifteen minute walk in as early as possible as daylight and exercise are very important for depression.

The NHS website has some great advice too.

S

SoldSpartan

I'm having headaches, and I keep blanking out like a deer in the headlight looking at my computer screen.

R

RockinRoddy

I think that this episode of the blues is the worse it have ever been in my entire life. I am not motivated to even brush my teeth, I don't want to get out of bed, and all I do is surf the internet and bake in my own self pity.