• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Severe anxiety.

T

trumanpink

Hey guys my name is Elan. In 21. I’ve had anxiety and depression for the last five years didn’t really tell anyone how I was feeling for the first three just suffered alone not realising what was wrong. My parents still don’t really get it. Basically my symptoms have turned more physical than anything. So I get dizziness, light headed, shaky, having to hold my breath, out of body almost sense of floating and feeling like my eyes are lagging behind what I’m actually seeing. The mental symptoms are also pretty bad I just describe it as wanting to crawl out of my Brain because it hurts. I haven’t ever tried medications for it, when I went on acuutane it seemed to get a little worse. I went to therapy a few times and it did help a little. Anyone got suggestions on how to deal with these symptoms? I’m losing it.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. I believe that the right meds can help with the worst of anxiety and you clearly haven't had the right ones. I don't think they are the be all and end all though, just a help. I practise Mindfulness which is not meditation but rather a set of exercises to keep me in the here and now preventing me from projecting into the future with "what if" scenarios. It takes practise and isn't an easy fix but well worth it I think. We have a very brief intro on here but you would really need to look it up on the internet for better understanding.

S

Stokie1974

Yeh I think touching on the post the scary part is that the tabs arnt a 100per cent fix but I think the secret is not stopping doing wot u normally do day to day stuff usually with my anxiety I'm bad really bad but when I went on tabs it was like I a world lifted off my shoulders