• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Services being all changed

B

bluetenrec

Hi everyone :)

I wanted to know what anybody thought about the fact that there are a few services in and around Cambridge that have either shut down or have changed completely.

It was the decision of the council that the project my support workers worked for will be shut down. Now, everyone involved with the project has to go and get used to and get to know a whole new load of people. This, in my opinion is ridiculous because I know that me and other people in my position will struggle to get to know other people especially when you are not at your best and you need to talk about personal things. :mad:

And the cambridgeshire mental health team is being all mixed up, so the same kind of thing happens there.

R

riverofdragons

Not more closures!

They messed around with the young peoples mental health services just a few years ago, and in a town with two universities we really need decent support for under 25s.

Whats closing down out of interest?

B

bluetenrec

The one closing down, well the Cambridge part at least, is Turning Point. They are great there :clap:

R

riverofdragons

Do you know the reason they are closing?...is it the age old funding struggle?