• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Service user involvement in scotland

D

DELATEXT

I am supported by Scottish Association For Mental Health, which is supposed to be service user led ??
I am meeting my project leader today to discuss fears and issues I have about the service and the direction it is taking ??
We use to have a service user group that met up and went to the cinema and other social events,
SAMH terminated it without a by your leave !!
it was a great group with the potential to grow ??
Have other folk had similar problems ???

(n)

M

mad as a hatter

yep we have the same problem where i live in scotland ours had a good crisis line it got stopped 2 cause the council wouldn,t fund it ne more i found it so good and it was on at night wish was more helpful than ne thing a lot off people will mis it 2

D

DELATEXT

That is crap, council cuts yet again, sorry you lost a vital service.

L

Lady Summer Isles

I will be moving to Fife hopefully in a few months time from the South of England, as we have bought a flat and hubby is now looking for a job. I have been looking into what support will be available for me in that area. Fortunately I have found The Express Group which have 11 centres thoughout Fife and are a self-referal day centre. Some of the centres are open a couple of days a week but the main one in Kirkcaldy is open Mon-Fri 9-2pm. I visited the centre a couple of weeks ago when we were up in Scotland and had a long chat with the staff there who were really welcoming and helpfull. I'm looking forward to moving now knowing that there is some support already in place.

I'm really sorry to hear about your services.