• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Service provision

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Hi
Does anyone know how one becomes a Service Provider and how to go about setting up a new therapeutic project?
Cheers
Marchhare

D

Dollit

A few more details wouldn't go amiss - what do you mean by Service Provider, it's quite a wide term and what sort of therapeutic project, does it have a proven track record elsewhere, do you have funding in place?

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Sorry, too complicated to explain but thanks for replying.

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
As a starting point why not try and put a summary of your ideas down and how far you have got with your project or if you are at the beginning?
KP

D

Dollit

That's a good idea and it's quite difficult to say who or what organization to target without knowing something.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Yeh I agree, if it's too complicated for here then it'll be too complicated for funding applications / loans from the bank let alone your publicity material (if you are offering the service to people off the street) etc etc. You need to get some ideas down onto paper and refine them so that you can give a short summary of what you hope to offer. This should then form the basis of a business plan.

You could find out what is offerred locally in terms of info. and support for setting up your own business. A good place to start would be 'Business Link' as they offer free training to anyone thinking of starting up their own business and this includes stuff like 'developing your idea' through to 'writing a business plan' and 'marketing your service'. All good stuff if this is what you are interested in.

Good luck!

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Its the situation thats complicated. I can do a business plan, get a bank loan etc but do I need to apply to loacal authority for permission, can anyone start a project?
marchhare

D

Dollit

There's still not enough detail! PM if you want but it's difficult to advise on something when you don't know details! You have to look into CRB checks and where you would get them from, and a million other details.

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Thats OK, sorry I could not be more explicit but with complaints and counter complaints in progress I am nervous of saying too much in a public forum.
regards
Marchhare