• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Sertraline side effects

M

Motta

Hi
I take Sertraline for 12 days by now. The problem is that I still have strong side effects, panic, and anxiety attacks. I know that it takes some time that can be from 2 till 6 weeks but I just wanted to know if anybody else has so long side effects. I have also prescribed Diazepam 2 mg to take in case of attacks but sometimes seems that it not helps.

Novastars

Novastars

Hi, Motta, I'm lucky not to have experienced side effects with Sertraline and don't know how long it would take on average for the side effects to subside. Sorry I can't be of more help.
:welcome: to the forum, by the way.

Bod

Bod

Welcome to the forum Motta, I did not have any side effects when I was on Sertraline 50mg and it took about 6 weeks to kick in and I am now on 100mg.

H

HumbleHubby

6 to 8 weeks for side effects to bugger off

M

Motta

Hi, Motta, I'm lucky not to have experienced side effects with Sertraline and don't know how long it would take on average for the side effects to subside. Sorry I can't be of more help.
:welcome: to the forum, by the way.
Hi

Thank you.

I feel better now is been 2 weeks by now. So looks like is coming down on side efects.

M

Motta

Welcome to the forum Motta, I did not have any side effects when I was on Sertraline 50mg and it took about 6 weeks to kick in and I am now on 100mg.

Hi

Thank you.

I feel better now is been 2 weeks by now. So looks like is coming down on side effects.

Bod

Bod

Thanks for letting me know Motta, that is good news mate.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L Horrible side effects from sertraline 50mg? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
S Changing medication, from Fluoxetine to Sertraline, and hoping someone can answer a question about side effects? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
chainsofdaisies sertraline side effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
M Sertraline side effect Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
N Sertraline side affects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
G Sertraline withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 18
K Sertraline increases and the effects Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
P Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
C SSRI Mania Citalopram Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
J Psychosis after upping Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
U Sertraline - Legs feel weak and tingly Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Marigold Dip Sertraline - memory effects normal? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
E Sertraline, tiredness. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
N Sertraline Withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 12
Readytobehappy Serimel/Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
anex Sertraline and night sweats? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
G Sertraline and amitriptyline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
W sertraline causing intense dreams.. anyone else? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
W sertraline fully killed my ability to orgasm Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
anex Sertraline and nausea/loss of appetite Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
L Sertraline no sex drive Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6
M Sertraline for anxiety Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
Lavender_Rose Sertraline, how much can you really expect? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
S Sertraline withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
M Sertraline dilated pupils? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
R I’m coming off sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
M numbness with sertraline? venting Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Kezav18 Coming off ciatralopram onto sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 19
M Always tried on sertraline? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
Y Sertraline Withdrawal Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
R SSRIs Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 18
H Now stable with Risperidone and Sertraline, however don't want to do anything. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 3
C sertraline feeling sick Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
A Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
B Half a glass of wine whilst on sertraline (whoops!) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 5
Z increased appetite from sertraline ? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 7
R Prescribed 50mg Sertraline...advise needed Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 13
B Issues before starting Sertraline! Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 15
A How to "fix" Sertraline (and any other SSRI) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
A My Mirtazapine-Sertraline Deception Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
A My Mirtazapine-Sertraline Deception Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
LORD BURT Sertraline :cool: Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 8
L Sertraline withdrawal? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
RueBea85 Experience starting out on Sertraline (Zoloft) Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 19
J Mirtazipine and Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 1
H Why does Sertraline zombify me? Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 10
D Sertraline Zoloft advice. I'm having awful night sweats Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 2
J Sertraline not working anymore Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 11
R Reducing Sertraline Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 4
M Sertraline is making me "numb" and indifferent. Psychiatric Drugs/Medications Forum 6