• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sertraline and me

D

dc86uk

How much of shit show is my life currently... I'll tell you

I've just realised today I have been taking 250mg of Sertraline a day for the past 4 weeks (possibly up to 6 weeks) and the max recommended dose a day is 200mg...

So I've just realised I have self medicated myself to a slight overdose... FFS Dave

So naturally, I now believe I am going to have serotonin syndrome and die... because health anxiety ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PlasticPilot

PlasticPilot

Hi DC86UK, i am also on the max dose for Sertraline 200mg, i hope the side effects of 250mg are not too bad for you :(. You better tell your mental health nurse or doctor and get checked out.

P

Professionalhypochondriac

How much of shit show is my life currently... I'll tell you

I've just realised today I have been taking 250mg of Sertraline a day for the past 4 weeks (possibly up to 6 weeks) and the max recommended dose a day is 200mg...

So I've just realised I have self medicated myself to a slight overdose... FFS Dave

So naturally, I now believe I am going to have serotonin syndrome and die... because health anxiety ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You won’t get seratonin syndrome but as a fellow health anxiety sufferer I understand your thought process..
Though technically chronically overdosing it’s not a major overdose and your body will already have a tolerance of the drug and I am sure will cause no lasting damage at all 😊

Liza9560

Liza9560

Dear FFS Dave,

I bet you'll be ok. How are you feeling?

Liz

D

dc86uk

Dear FFS Dave,

I bet you'll be ok. How are you feeling?

Liz
Hi Liza9560,

I am good thank you, how are you?

I am still fighting the good fight and ploughing on. Have my moments but not as debilitating as previously.

Dave