• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sertraline and BPD

E

eternaljourney

I've possibly got BPD, actually I know I have but I'll just have to wait and see what the psych says. My GP took me off fluoxetine and tomorrow I start Sertraline, I've got a short course of zopiclone for now and some diazepam for difficult moments as I adjust to the changes.
I've tried to read about sertraline on here but I can't find many comments about personal experience.
Can anyone share some experiences good or bad please? I know we're all different and can have a different response but it helps to know how others feel.
Thanks, Eternalx

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I liked sertraline myself, it worked well for quite some time until I got tolerant to it and had to change. I can't remember there being too much in the way of side effects other than mild sexual dysfunction, which we managed to find ways of getting round.

keepsafe

keepsafe

I was on mertazapine and sertraline but I had to change - when they added the sert it seemed to make things worse for me

KS

Jo1760

Jo1760

I too take sertraline, diazepam and zopiclone plus one other to keep me asleep as agitation often wakes me.

I have only been on Sertraline for 6 weeks and even at a higher dose, at the moment I am not sure its making a lot of difference. Certianly not thats noticable to me anyway. I also didn't really get any of the side effects at the beginning, however in the last 3 weeks I have had incrediable headaches and been feeling quite neasous for a lot of the day. Hopefully this with subside soon though.

Good luck with the sert, I hope it works well for you.

Take care. X

E

eternaljourney

Thanks for letting me know how you all felt on it.
I'm really drowsy but it's a relief at the moment because I feel demented with anxiety a lot.
I know this drowsiness might not be like this all the time too.

Eternalx :hug:

E

eternaljourney

It's nearly 2 weeks on the Sertraline now and I feel dreadful. I've been awake sobbing and in a state of panic most of the night. I know doctors don't really use the term breakdown but I know when I'm having one and this is it:cry:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Eternal

Can you go back to the doctors and explain - I am sure they will do something about the medication then. I hope that you are ok
((((HUGS))))
KS

E

eternaljourney

Hi KS,

I've got an appointment with the doctor in 8days and I've only got 2x 2mg diazepam left.
I really wouldn't be able to go out with the way I feel at the moment, even with someone.
I can't cope with anything, my partner can't be with me constantly and I feel so hopeless. My eyes are slits with all the crying I'm doing.
I don't know if I can wait 8 days.
Decision making is near impossible too.
At the moment I'm just putting all my energy into getting through these next few hours on my own.

Eternal:cry:

R

riverofdragons

get an emergency appointment. its not worth putting yourself through hell with waiting.

hugs

S

*Sapphire*

Hi Eternal.

How long have you been off the fluoxetine? Was it reduced gradually as you may be experiencing a bit of withdrawal off that if it was recent.

Whenever I come off an anti-depressant even if it didn't seem to work too well it can take months before things get back to normal. There is always a sharp dip in my mood within a few weeks.

E

eternaljourney

Hi River, Thanks for that :hug: but it's ok I went to the doctors yesterday morning and got my dose of sertraline raised and my dose of diazepam raised. This doctor actually listens and I like his way. I've never trusted a male doctor before. I feel a bit out of it and exhausted now but it's a relief to be anxiety free and I had a long sleep lastnight that I just collapsed into.

Eternal x

E

eternaljourney

Hi Sapphire,
Yeah I'd agree with you about that and the new medication highering my anxiety too. I'm more sedated now so much relieved to be anxiety free.
I sometimes have a little look at your journal sapphire and I really like your sense of humour. I see you've got a kitten, we've got pet rats, something lot's of people don't like but they're so very cute and lovable.
Eternal x:hug: