• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Sertaline and experiences

N

Nate

Been in the hospital for 4 weeks and they prescribed me sertaline ( Zoloft). Any one on here have experience with Zoloft?

magich8ball

magich8ball

I'm on it and have been on it before. It helped me in reducing some of the anxiety that caused me my intrusive thoughts that later turned into obsessions.
My side effects were that for about a week/week and a half I couldn't sleep at all
+ some nausea
Not a drastic difference but I definitely have noticed how my brain volume has been turned down, wanna increase my dose though

C

Carolmicheals73727

Been in the hospital for 4 weeks and they prescribed me sertaline ( Zoloft). Any one on here have experience with Zoloft?
Hey, Nate! I remember I wanted immediate results and I wanted so badly to get out of my head. It took a couple months for me to see the full of effect of Zoloft but I’m so glad I stuck with it. It did work. The ocd/anxiety etc never fully disappeared but it did subside greatly. A few months ago I broke my foot and I decided I just didn’t want to take my meds for about 3 months. I’m dealing with the consequences right now and it is bad for me. I am hanging in there waiting for the effect I felt all those years ago to kick in. You will be just fine and I wish you a healthy 2021 :)

C

Carolmicheals73727

I'm on it and have been on it before. It helped me in reducing some of the anxiety that caused me my intrusive thoughts that later turned into obsessions.
My side effects were that for about a week/week and a half I couldn't sleep at all
+ some nausea
Not a drastic difference but I definitely have noticed how my brain volume has been turned down, wanna increase my dose though
Definitely had nausea as well! If I miss a day or two, I have to eat a lot because it does mess with your tummy. It is worth it though.

jajingna

jajingna

Zoloft helped me when depressed before, have heard it can be good for anxiety and obsessive thinking, but for me just figure it was an antidepressant.

Talula67

Talula67

I currently take 200mg Sertraline daily and feel it is working for me with less intrusive thoughts and anxiety.
Hope you have success with them xxx