• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Seroxat 20mg...Has Anyone managed to move onto Citalopram or Prozac....Is it better?

D

daydreamer40

Seroxat 20mg...Has Anyone managed to move onto Citalopram or Prozac....Is it better?

:pHello!
I have been on Seroxat 20mg for 15 years. My friend is on Citalopram and he thinks it's great. Everyone I know seems to have moved on from Seroxat, and I've noticed my Seroxat doesn't always seem to work as well as it used to for me - butterflies in my stomach are there at times. Who has moved onto Citalopram or Prozac from Seroxat? How did you manage to do this? Improvements??
Thankyou x

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

I think the important thing to ask is whether you feel that a dose increase of Seroxat might be a better option instead, instead of swapping meds?

You have to remember that different meds react differently with different people so it may be great for your friend but not everyone has the same reactions to things.

I hope though you get the answer to your questions :)

Marliee x

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Has anyone here had some sort of remission of GAD symptoms Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 9
T Has CBT worked for you? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 51
Star_light How has your day been? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 13
P Living with 10 Years of GAD and how my illness has changed... Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 1
T Now my hobby has been ruined too. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 8
elliepaige20 Anxiety has affected my life since I was 8 Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 12
B Agoraphobia - has anyone ever just stuck it out ? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
B My partner has panic disorder, agrophobia and separation anxiety but I can find anyone who will help ME Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
D My bf has social anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 3
W Need guidance :( boyfriend has anxiety Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
A My Partner has GAD Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
R Anxiety has ruined my life Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 10
HappyBunny *waving to say hi* from a GAD sufferer who has had enough of GAD! Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 5
G my girlfriend has anxiety. Am I overreacting? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
L Mindfulness- has anyone had any success? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 7
S Are you suffering from insomnia and what has helped you to get a better sleep? Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 2
L 'Lift Psychology' Has anyone used this service Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 4
L My Girlfriend has anxiety disorder and idk how to handle it. Generalized Anxiety Disorder Forum 25