• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

seroquel XL

S

shell

Hiya All,
Just wondered if anyone is on this type of seroquel and has noticed the effects are better than the normal seroquel ?? I'm still feeling lousy came home from dropping the kids off at school and slept from 9am till 12.00 I'm just getting so fed up of feeling so sedated all the time :cry: and depressed. How can I go bk to work feeling so ill ??

Feeling really run down as well cold sores on my lips and feel flu like, I guess this isn't helping my mood:cry:. Sorry for whinging all the time x

S

skyblue

Hiya All,
Just wondered if anyone is on this type of seroquel and has noticed the effects are better than the normal seroquel ?? I'm still feeling lousy came home from dropping the kids off at school and slept from 9am till 12.00 I'm just getting so fed up of feeling so sedated all the time :cry: and depressed. How can I go bk to work feeling so ill ??

Feeling really run down as well cold sores on my lips and feel flu like, I guess this isn't helping my mood:cry:. Sorry for whinging all the time x
Hi Shell,

Sorry to hear you're still feeling so bad.

I take Seroquel XL, 400mg at night. I find it best to take this around 7pm-8pm. I then take my other medication, mood stabilisers in the morning.

I do struggle alittle to get up in the mornings, but once I'm up I'm usually ok. The only other side effects I've noticed is that it's given me back my appetite and it's increasing :redface:, I suppose this is also caused by the mood stabilisers too.

All in all though, I find that Seroquel XL really helps me, it's worked brilliantly for my Depression as well as Anxiety. But Shell, like all med's what works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it's going to work for you because everybody is so different.

I've noticed that it hasn't been working for you for sometime now, this could be that this particular med isn't for you Shell.

Can you make an another appointment to see your PDoc and explain what's happening, you really should be feeling better by now.

I'm sorry it hasn't worked out for you, but there are other med's out there that you coud try.

How much Seroquel are you taking again ? You could also possibly need a change of dose.

Wishing you better xx:flowers:

Last edited:
Abbi

Abbi

Hi Shell,

i take the xl quetapine at 300mg... i found if i took it all at night i was a zombie the next day so i split it to 200 at night and 100 in the morning ,after a week or so things settled....i still have to make myself get up and move as i could happily stay in bed but at least i can get up now.
As for feeling run down and fluey i got that way when depakote was added to my lithium, i seemed to be constantly unwell enough to warrant several courses of antibotics, i got quite a strange infection in my salivary gland wow was that painful !!Anyway my gp said alot of these meds can affect the white cell count and in the short term leave you a bit more vulnerable to infection.
3 mths on (touch wood)and it does seem to have settled.

I wish you better soon i certainly understand how hard it is to feel so lousey when you have a young family to take care of.

Take care Abbi x

Last edited:
S

shell

I took it at 5.00 as it says take an hr before eating. Ate dinner at 6.00 and then was like a zoombie at 7pm. My hubby had to wake me. I'm getting so fed up I just feel like my life has gone Im sick of being patient sick of taking drugs that arent working. I have been crying all morning. I just can't stand this anymore . I wish I wasn't here I hate myself and what I have become x it just feels like Im fighting a losing battle

Abbi

Abbi

Hi Shell,

I don't know what to suggest other than taking it at bedtime as i do with a couple of biscuits so there is something in your tummy.
Otherwise i think talking to the gp or pdoc is the way to go as you sound so low and they need to be aware of this sweetie .
Please ask for some help ..if you don't feel up to doing it yourself perhaps hubby could ring for some advice on your behalf.
Take care and i really hope you can get some answers soon .x

Last edited:
S

skyblue

I took it at 5.00 as it says take an hr before eating. Ate dinner at 6.00 and then was like a zoombie at 7pm. My hubby had to wake me. I'm getting so fed up I just feel like my life has gone Im sick of being patient sick of taking drugs that arent working. I have been crying all morning. I just can't stand this anymore . I wish I wasn't here I hate myself and what I have become x it just feels like Im fighting a losing battle
((shell))

You're unwell, it's not your fault. Please, please call your PDoc, you need to see him urgently, you cannot go on like this anymore, these tablets are clearly not working for you.

Please seek help Shell, the doc's are there to help you.

Keep in touch here and let us know how you get on, I'm worried about you.

Wishing you better very soon xx

S

shell

Thanks 4 posting bk

Thank you for your replies. I'm feeling a little better today. I managed to drag myself out for a 6 mile run/walk I have put on loads of weight with the drugs and it is really getting me down as I'm only 5ft 3 tall. My nurse rang me back and she is coming to see me next week. She says I need to give the seroquel longer as my pdoc will moan if I don't. I will have to have my tea late so I'm not so out of it in the evening. I will take it about 7pm and eat at 8 which is going to be a pain I love having evening meals with the kids.
I'm going to try and keep the exercise up I hope it will help.

C

Celidwen

Hi Shell,

I have just started Seroquel XL too and finding it a struggle. I have a demanding job and have to be up at 05:30 every morning as I have a long commute. I am supposed to be on 200mg before bed but it's impossible because you have to take it on an empty stomach and like everyone else I eat a meal at night. So I tried taking it earlier and just ended up comatose on the sofa by 7.30! Today I have taken 100mg at 15:00 which has made me drowsy and will then take the other 100mg in a few minutes (i.e around 17:00) and I will see if I can get up tomorrow morning. I just find it makes me feel like you do when you just come round from a general anaesthetic. I hope this doesn't last as I slur my words and stumble about when I get up and work will just think I'm drunk!

Do let us know how you get on, I would be very interested to know.

B

baby_dolly_face

Hi Shell
I take seroquel XL and have done since June 2009 when first prescribed it so I can't really tell you what I think of it against the plain seroquel. I take 600mg and have to take it just before I go to bed as I take it with a hefty chunk (1000mg) of lithium and it really makes me sleepy lol. However if I take it later than Im used to or have to get up earlier than normal, I feel horrendous too, so I do know what you mean to an extent.
I hope you feel better soon and dont say sorry for whinging....you go right ahead and vent all you like. Thats what is great about this forum...and the people are on here are amazing too. :)
Hugs
xx

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya Shell

I'm on 400mgXL and I take it at 11pm or later. Originally when they put me on 300 I was fine, then they increase it to 400 and felt terrible. They reduced it to 350 and I was fine. REcently I had it increased to 400 again and I am fine. Maybe you are on too much and you need it with another, both lower doses. However, you are really down and need to see a pdoc again. I think you need expert help. Best of luck, and I am thinking of you.xx

D

daffy666

Hi Shell
I started seroquel xl a few weeks ago but am not up to the full dose as i also take meds for epilepsy and it reduces effect of that, i had to start on only 50 mg which has been doubled twice now at 200 mg but is still very low dose as i have an eating disorder as well and my low weight affects the dose. I take it an hour before bed with lorazepam and a hot milky drink. i feel drowsy in the morning but that wears off. i havent taken the plain seroquel so cant say about that.
anyway i hope you can see your pdoc and get soem help. Good luck xxx

J

jennyb

Seroquel XL

Hi Everyone

I'm new to the forum. I am currently on 200mg of XL for work stress induced psychosis and was on the normal Quetiapine prior to this. I was totally out for the whole morning with the normal one and they changed me to the XL which was immediately a lot better. It doesn't sedate me at all now (been on it for about 6 weeks so far) as long as i take it about 9pm then i'm ok in the morning. I'm actually still a little too hyper on it but i'd rather that than feeling the way i used to on Olanzapine and Risperidone. They made my head feel completely empty of thought and i had no motivation at all. I was in a deep depression really. I also put 3 stones on it 2.5 months with the Olanzapine whichcaused further upset. Luckily my psychiatrist has always been keen to get me off the tablets and to cope with my condition through alternative means

piglet

piglet

Hiya hun and :welcome: to the forum :)

This is quite an old thread so you might not get many replies. Feel free to make a thread in the introductions area here. More people will see your post there and will be able to have a good chat :)

E

estherguthrie

hi i use to take the old quetiapine which use to make me feel terrible i use to take a 100mg at 7am in the morning and by 8am i was feeling very tired and use to sleep to 12 midday and when i woke up i felt like crap so i went to see my dr an spoke to her i am now taking seroquel xl an in the morning and at 9pm at night and feel great i , dont feel tired after takinfg them i, am stay awake all day and feel normal i, do think that you have to give meds a chance but if you still feel unwell go back to your gp good luck.

E

Easy Rider

I take 200mg of the regular Seroquel at night an hour before bed and have done for 14 months with zero side effects (except that lower back ache you can get sometimes.)

That way the brain chemistry has been re-arranged while you sleep and when you wake up no drowzyness.

You could ask your doc / shrink to try it at night?

I'm BP NOS though and maybe your ilness is different, but wouldn't hurt to ask.

I used to take an anti-depressant before bed (and before correct diagnoses) years back and couldn't sleep and was exhausted in the day. Tried it in the morning and had energy all day, better mood (likely hypomania induced by it) and slept at night.