• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Seroquel causes weight gain

Zero One

Zero One

Did anyone else hear this? My doctor told me this today when I told him something is wrong because I keep getting hungry.

Jam1990

Jam1990

I’m on Seroquel as well. It does cause me to have more of a sweet tooth. I have to do my best to not have unhealthy foods readily available in my kitchen.

Zero One

Zero One

I’m on Seroquel as well. It does cause me to have more of a sweet tooth. I have to do my best to not have unhealthy foods readily available in my kitchen.
Do you know when I was first on it I ate 12 twix bars in the night lol. Great job on keeping your kitchen stocked with healthy items.

Jam1990

Jam1990

Do you know when I was first on it I ate 12 twix bars in the night lol. Great job on keeping your kitchen stocked with healthy items.
Twix bars are so good, I can’t blame you one bit for that. Yeah the self control has to happen at the grocery store because my self control isn’t very good when I have bad foods in my house.

Blue Opal

Blue Opal

Seroquel is very famous for causing weight gain. I didn't gain an ounce though, I guess it depends on the person.

L

Lightanddark

I didn’t no this was on this for a short period

S

Skyblue

On 600mg down from 750mg. Some nights l skip my dose as l know l won’t get to sleep from my hunger pangs. I hate it but it’s nearly the only antipsychotic l can just about tolerate. My sympathies to anyone who constantly feels hungry on it (maybe try the MR?).
The thirst though l cannot control (l sound like a Blade movie) - l drink so much Coke to get rid of the sluggishness and to quench my never ending need to drink.

Zero One

Zero One

He raised mine up to 600 I think I needso change my eating plan in order to keep up with the amount of hunger I have so I'm thinking about just eating fruits and vegetables again and if I'm craving warm foods I'll just eat cooked vegetables. Before I only used to eat raw fruits and vegetables

EdEd

EdEd

He raised mine up to 600 I think I needso change my eating plan in order to keep up with the amount of hunger I have so I'm thinking about just eating fruits and vegetables again and if I'm craving warm foods I'll just eat cooked vegetables. Before I only used to eat raw fruits and vegetables
Sounds like a great plan.