• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Seriously worried right now

S

Shredz

Is this a safe place to talk about suicidal thoughts or am I gonna have the police show up at my door if I try and open up about my current situation?

S

Shredz

Nevermind I don't wanna post this stuff. I'll hopefully get things sorted tommorow.

B

basil and oregano

Former member
Hey @stevenb, this place is as safe as you can find. I guarantee you there are going to be no reports to anyone, unless of course you disclose to commiting criminal acts. Do your best to hang in there, and let us know of your problems, everything you are in need of letting out. We'll always be here for you, to listen to your issues and give you advice if we can.

Please, do not harm yourself, if you are thinking to. Treat yourself with the care and love you deserve. We'll do our best to help you.

S

Shredz

Thank you basil. I just don't want to be a burden anymore. I'm in a fragile state and my nervous system is wrecked. If I just went back to my old meds I could return to somewhat tolerable state, but it's kinda risky at this point i'm worried.

calypso

calypso

Admin
If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

Useful information

The Forum's page on getting help may also be useful to you. Here is a link to it Mental Health Forum - Getting Help

Here is a link to an article on Suicidal Crisis written by one of the Admin team which you may find helpful Suicidal Crisis

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

Please do seek help as soon as possible.

K

Keesha

Thank you basil. I just don't want to be a burden anymore. I'm in a fragile state and my nervous system is wrecked. If I just went back to my old meds I could return to somewhat tolerable state, but it's kinda risky at this point i'm worried.
Who says you are a burden? We all have low points in our life.
Can you tell us what’s currently going on to make you so upset? Or call the helpline. There are professionals after all.

S

Shredz

Life is just unfair. It's forced me into some really tough situations lately that I feel are totally out of my control. I was tricked into taking Zyprexa and other meds for years that I can no longer tolerate and without it I lost all my creativity, calmness and ability to sleep. :(

B

basil and oregano

Former member
Life is just unfair. It's forced me into some really tough situations lately that I feel are totally out of my control. I was tricked into taking Zyprexa and other meds for years that I can no longer tolerate and without it I lost all my creativity, calmness and ability to sleep. :(
I'm sorry you're going through such a hard time right now. I personally have no experience with meds so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. But I think it's important to take the right kind of medication, the one that does not drag you down emotionally or in other areas in life, and the one that doesn't cause harm to your body. Meds are supposed to be a boon, after all, not another hurdle.

Do you work with a professional you can trust?

K

Keesha

Is it possible for you to see another doctor and maybe get put on something different? With proper meds, you shouldn’t be feeling like you are right now.

I’m very creative so can relate to that type of frustration. What type of creativity do you do? Are you an artist of some type? Music? Painting?

S

Shredz

Is it possible for you to see another doctor and maybe get put on something different? With proper meds, you shouldn’t be feeling like you are right now.

I’m very creative so can relate to that type of frustration. What type of creativity do you do? Are you an artist of some type? Music? Painting?
I've tried different meds, only made things worse. Music was always my main joy, also liked gaming and just staying busy. But at the moment none of things appeal to me.
I don't want to take up any more of your time guys, I appreciate the responses but I just cannot articulate myself right now. And i'm not a danger to myself either.
I will talk to my psychiatrist tommorow and see what she thinks.

K

Keesha

I've tried different meds, only made things worse. Music was always my main joy, also liked gaming and just staying busy. But at the moment none of things appeal to me.
I don't want to take up any more of your time guys, I appreciate the responses but I just cannot articulate myself right now. And i'm not a danger to myself either.
That’s cool. Do you play an instrument? I’m a musician also. I play the piano and saxophone. Music is a big part of my life so I get where you’re coming from. Gaming isn’t something I’ve ever done though but have a girlfriend who loves it.

Will you come back and let us know how you are doing? Please.

S

Shredz

That’s cool. Do you play an instrument? I’m a musician also. I play the piano and saxophone. Music is a big part of my life so I get where you’re coming from. Gaming isn’t something I’ve ever done though but have a girlfriend who loves it.

Will you come back and let us know how you are doing? Please.
I'm a schizophrenic unfortunately and not a very good one lol. My uncle also had schizophrenia and died because of it. I keep thinking about it lately. It's a really hard disease, even the lucky ones who are really intuned with themselves struggle a lot from what i've heard and researched.
But no never played an instrument, I just really enjoy listening to music, always have. I like how it has the ability to reach anyone anywhere, high or low.

K

Keesha

I'm a schizophrenic unfortunately and not a very good one lol. My uncle also had schizophrenia and died because of it. I keep thinking about it lately. It's a really hard disease, even the lucky ones who are really intuned with themselves struggle a lot from what i've heard and researched.
But no never played an instrument, I just really enjoy listening to music, always have. I like how it has the ability to reach anyone anywhere, high or low.
I’m really sorry you are dealing with schizophrenia. My brothers wife’s mother suffered with that and so did a friend I once knew.

It’s a tough illness indeed. There are a great many musicians who deal with mental disorder. It’s not all bad. Not to belittle any of it.

I’ve got quite a few mental disorders and it’s certainly very challenging at times. Sometimes we hit rough spots. Hopefully you can find meds that will help you feel better than you currently are.

K

Keesha

Music is a wonderful medium to communicate with. I agree. I wouldn’t be here if it weren’t for music.

B

basil and oregano

Former member
It's okay, you are not taking up our time. We are here to offer support if we can.

Please let us know of what your psychiatrist advises you. And feel free to reach us if anything comes up.