seriously overweight annd cant stop eating

S

sillydebknowsnothing

:shrug:Well its 3.15am in the morning and here I am can of lager in 1 hand packet of crisps in the other feel so sad and guilty Ive been doing really well with my food intake but have not felt good inside for a few days struggle with sleep feel really crap no one understands me cos I dont understand myself I have the drs on thursday and hes going to weigh me Ive let myself and everyone down hate me Why do I do this to myself Its not ust the food Its everything It should have been a lovely day today both my sons visited me with cards and flowers they wrote beautiful words in my cards yet I feel crap Dont think Im going to be here much longer best just give it all up no more worrie no more cares no more life dead ended

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I can relate to being overweight and struggling with eating too much. I am desperately trying to lose weight and I have too had a very bad week. I guess the important thing is to see it as a bad week and try again next week. It is very hard though and it was mentioned on a programme I sometimes watch called secret eaters that lack of sleep increases bad food choices the next day they did a study on it all.

I don't think you have let everyone down I understand it feels that way but I find if I go down that route I want to eat more because I feel bad and for some reason eating makes me feel better in the short term. Long term it has consequences I don't like with weight gain.

I wish there was more help out there for people who find controlling their eating hard.

I hope you don't end it all, I'm sorry things are so difficult keep talking to us :hug1: I'm sure your sons would miss their mum very much try and hang on in there.

Messy xxx

A

Alexa08

Do not feel guilty of eating too much but instead try to start focusing on how to lose weight by eating in moderation. Frequent little feeding makes you full and will not crave for more foods. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber. Have daily exercise because it helps eliminates extra weight and fats.

Last edited by a moderator:
apple

apple

I gained over 10 stones on antipsychotics, and struggled with my eating habits for many years. I recently came across a book in a secondhand shop which actually seems to be helping. It's called 'the skinny rules' and is written by a trainer with the Biggest Loser USA and it has twenty rules to incorporate in your life. I've been following it for about a week and a half and have so far found my ideal breakfast (i.e. its healthy and I don't snack after it until lunch), and an ideal snack. The first few days I was still getting cravings and eating too much, but then it seemed to settle down - I'm still working out my ideal lunches and dinners given I've got a low budget. I've realised that I can actually feel full without eating a big plateful of food - it just depends on what it is. For example, for dinner one day I just had an omelette made with chopped tomato and peas.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Skinny-...d=1396265819&sr=8-1&keywords=the+skinny+rules

(I'm not related to the author in any way!)

I

Istabraq

I sympathise with you.
Food is something I've always enjoyed but as I've become down in recent months I've noticed I not only over eat at meals times but binge on rubbish afterwards.
It's a comfort thing, not much else is satisfying in life and eating is guaranteed to hit the spot, it could be you're using food in a similar way ?

Don't beat yourself up too much, your eating is a sympton of a wider issue and it's that wider issue you need to identify and deal with.

And you have two sons who brought you cards and flowers so you have people who love you, I hope you're able to find some help and support in here that gets you well on the way to recovery.

Good luck !

S

sillydebknowsnothing

Thank you for your wise words i really appreciate them i just feel at rock bottom at the moment

S

sillydebknowsnothing

Your right when Im eating i enjoy it and at the moment its the only thing that does hit the spot x

S

sillydebknowsnothing

You seem to be learning to cope with your eating i find its the only thing i can turn to that likes me and satisfys me for a short time thank you for your reply Deb x

N

Nicola398

I think I've found the answer to weight loss and food cravings. I am going to try it.It is called the Atkins Diet, it trains your body to burn fat by cutting out carbs initially then following a low carb program.
I have bought the book and getting the foods in next supermarket shop.I will let you all know how I get on.Deb you are not alone I have put on 10 stone too because of all the meds I am on , anti-psychotics and diabetes and high blood pressure meds.

BlueGlass

BlueGlass

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I wouldn't advise any faddy diets, eg the atkins diet as in my experience (I have BED) it only leads to more binges as you crave the food you cannot have but are surrounded by.
I would focus on why you eat excessively, as I think only when you have tackled that will you be able to lose weight in the long term (that is what I am doing now)

N

Nicola398

Atkins is not a fad diet, I have checked out the science behind it and it is sound.That is what i choose as I have tried everything else and in all honesty it feels so right that it is the sugar and carbs that are making me put on weight and I can't shift it. The Atkins diet is the best way to get the body to burn fat instead of store it.I will be being supervised by my doctor so it is all safe, there are a lot of myths about Atkins all wrong.

I

Istabraq

You seem to be learning to cope with your eating i find its the only thing i can turn to that likes me and satisfys me for a short time thank you for your reply Deb x
If this is aimed at me then I don't think I've learnt to cope with it, I've just accepted that it's something I enjoy and with some other 'good practices' like increased exercise, healthy lunches (it's the evening I tend to binge) I can avoid massive weight gain.

Also, it's not every night, I can have 3 or 4 very healthy days with visits to the gym and light/healthy lunches.
In the past I was a smoker (quit 3 years ago) and maybe I'm using food as a means of plugging the gap that smoking used to occupy, who knows ?

Strangely I can get just as much satisfaction from bingeing on nuts and other healthy snacks so it's not a sugar craving, but I know we're all different and need different things.
Try some exercise to start with, a walk maybe, doesn't have to be massively energy sapping but anything that gets your blood pumping is good, you may find that supresses some of the cravings.

Sometime's it's just a case of keeping the mind occupied, when I'm busy I don't crave food.

Pigeon steps, you won't overcome this in a day or two, it takes time, it's more a case of re-training the mind not to think about grabbing a bar of chocolate in exactly the same way that the hardest thing quitting smokers have to deal with is the brain telling you it's time for a smoke.
Even if you cut down by a single crisp a day it's progress, and don't be afraid to give yourself a pat on the back for achieving this, any progress should be celebrated.
Keep us informed.
Good luck

A

azzza

I agree with blue glass avoid fad diets and diets that suggest cutting out whole groups of foods. Any diet that is fashionable probably won't work long term. Also any diet marketed as never needing to be hungry or eat as much as you like will probably encourage you into bad habits. I would suggest you gain control first and maybe learn to maintain weight. Then if you manage to gain control you can cut down portion sizes and eat healthier food like chicken veg and lower fat food overall.
To regain control sometimes you have to work out what you gain from staying fat. I know this sounds silly but many people see themselves as a fat person, or feel safer when they are bigger. If you can work out why you sub consciously might want to stay bigger you might be able to beat it. I hope it works for you