• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

serious advice needed

S

sourbubblegum1

hey i have had this real bad for 2 years now i was in the emergency room once this is so bad i can barely make it to class i have to constantly call for rides to get home and i cant even go to the grocery store.

when im in my apartment im usually okay and im not afraid to go outside in fact for 3 months i was fine then it hit again. I go outside and it seems that i have sensory overload. too much sensory information around me and i become disoriented and confused. i barely recognize who i am and where i am. Everything surrounding me looks unfamiliar and i become really scared. sometimes i fall to the ground and feel so detached that i dont know where i am.

i had an abnormal EEG with high risk for seizure in the temporal lobe but not enough electrical activity at the time to cause a seizure. i never had a grand mal seizure. i do not know if the symptoms is related to by abnormal EEG.

How serious is this and what can i do ?
what can this be?

am i going to go crazy and never come back to reality?

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome

This is definitly one for a Doctor..

If the symptoms only occur outside, it seems Agrophobic

Any other symptoms ?

S

sourbubblegum1

hey thanks so much for responding, im so deperate right now.

im not afraid to go outside i love to go out. in fact for 3 months i could go anywhere by myself. it seems more that it happens when im outside versus inside or if im in places with basically too much business, noise, light, etc. for example right now its so bad if i go outside i feel extremely confused. i can barely make it home as if i had dementia but i make it home by auto pilot, i can still say my name or the place im in i just feel severely detached from it.

It seems like i can barely recognize who i am and were i am because everything around me looks unfamiliar and weird. also i become scared only when i get this feeling of being lost. sometimes i wander around and become panicky other times when im 100 percent detached i fall to the ground screaming. its like a complete loss of awareness. hope this helps :(

i hope that i will be okay and its not too severe. also im 22 years old and a college student. but this problem is pretty much causing me to be disabled.

T

Twylight

Are you in the UK ?

is there a Doctor you could talk to at College ?

S

sourbubblegum1

i am broke and out of money.

could this be like alzeheimers diesease? i forgot where i was and who i was.