Seratonin syndrome or panic attack?

K

Kod14468

Right so im 18 year old male and on the previous saturday (25th) i took mdma and after i smoked weed (which ive smoked for the past 6 months) to help with the come down after. I heard that 5-htp is supposed be good to take after md to reduce the comedown so about a week later on the Thursday i took about 200mg of 5htp while high on weed not notbing the possible implications and about 20 minutes later it felt like i was on mushrooms and i had a sudden fear of impending doom, everything was magnified and i started trembling, having muscle spasms, my blood flow was restricted and i found it difficukt to move my limbs as well as felt disorientated and confused. My heart was beating so fast i thought i was having a heart attack. Ive never had a panic attack before so i dont know what it could be? Its been about 5 days since it happened and my anxiety has only seemed to get worse and im exremely irritable. Might these be the marijuana withdrawls kicking in or could it be seratonin syndrome. I saw my GP but they seem to think its a panic attack but i still have an anxiety that it could be seratonin syndrome.

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

so not good to be doing this i was unlucky in that i had what i believe was a serotin rush which is not good. so if nothing else stay away from the 5 htp cos if you have a sensitivity then it really is bad news. i was driving a car at the time. miracle i am still here.

i guess you are in the season of exploring just remember that you have one brain and if you mess it up ... i was unlucky i was using 5htp for anxiety and it nearly finished me in a sense i wish it had..aye youth is wasted on the young. one day you will understand that expression but i hope its a long way away til you do. enjoy life by all means but dont screw your brain over

M

MrHamilton

Right so im 18 year old male and on the previous saturday (25th) i took mdma and after i smoked weed (which ive smoked for the past 6 months) to help with the come down after. I heard that 5-htp is supposed be good to take after md to reduce the comedown so about a week later on the Thursday i took about 200mg of 5htp while high on weed not notbing the possible implications and about 20 minutes later it felt like i was on mushrooms and i had a sudden fear of impending doom, everything was magnified and i started trembling, having muscle spasms, my blood flow was restricted and i found it difficukt to move my limbs as well as felt disorientated and confused. My heart was beating so fast i thought i was having a heart attack. Ive never had a panic attack before so i dont know what it could be? Its been about 5 days since it happened and my anxiety has only seemed to get worse and im exremely irritable. Might these be the marijuana withdrawls kicking in or could it be seratonin syndrome. I saw my GP but they seem to think its a panic attack but i still have an anxiety that it could be seratonin syndrome.
Exctasy is actually one of the only drugs that I have never used, mostly because knowing how much it fucks with serotonin and how bad my depression is already, I didn't want to make things worse. But unless you have an allergy to THC, I would almost guarantee that the Marijuana is not involved with your feelings. Again, I am no doctor, but I am a true advocate of marijuana and it's benefits for various mental health disorders. I am lucky to live in a state where Marijuana is legal and regulated, so I know exactly what strains I am taking when I use it. If you experience anxiety or nervousness you should definitely stay away from sativas, even hybrids that contain sativas. Indicas definitely seem to help calm and relax, and a indica dominant hybrid will help most people with a calming yet emotion stabilizing effect. I personally am a 100% sativa fan due to it's extreme mental and introverted effect. However, they can also cause severe anxiety, paranoia, and stress. I definitely am not a doctor, or even someone that has any right to suggest any kind of treatment, but these are my well researched and experienced conclusions.

B

Bcarr

I’m not sure where else I can post this but a little over two months ago I bought a disposable wax pen and I smoked too much which in turn gave me a really bad panic attack. I threw up four times it was hard for me to feel grounded my heart felt like it was beating fast then I was having trouble breathing. Like I was laying down in my bed and and I had to hold onto my night stand to feel present. It would work for a couple of seconds and then it wouldn’t. I felt super dizzy. At first I didn’t realize I was having a panic attack it just felt like I was straight up going to die. Anyways after that it was only at night where I felt panicky and now two months later I’m living with constant panic it won’t go away and it’s making me feel crazy. Like 24/7 I just feel a constant fear and I’ve been laying in bed not really wanting to do anything anymore cause I’ve sort of let the fear take over. Any thoughts? I saw a therapist and apparently it’s jist anxiety but I don’t know

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

I’m not sure where else I can post this but a little over two months ago I bought a disposable wax pen and I smoked too much which in turn gave me a really bad panic attack. I threw up four times it was hard for me to feel grounded my heart felt like it was beating fast then I was having trouble breathing. Like I was laying down in my bed and and I had to hold onto my night stand to feel present. It would work for a couple of seconds and then it wouldn’t. I felt super dizzy. At first I didn’t realize I was having a panic attack it just felt like I was straight up going to die. Anyways after that it was only at night where I felt panicky and now two months later I’m living with constant panic it won’t go away and it’s making me feel crazy. Like 24/7 I just feel a constant fear and I’ve been laying in bed not really wanting to do anything anymore cause I’ve sort of let the fear take over. Any thoughts? I saw a therapist and apparently it’s jist anxiety but I don’t know
so why i wonder smoke somethiing like this never heard of a wax pen. best not to do this is my advice

blacksmoke

blacksmoke

if you had Seratonin syndrome that is quite serious i should know i had it twice. gee n i am still here