Sensorial OCD

R

Reyna

Hello ! I'm new on this forum and it's nice to meet you guys. I just finished post on introduction thread and now I wanna talk a bit about my problem. I suffer from obsessive compulsive disorder and my compulsions are very much related to sensorial stimuli, such as : washing hands or any part of body until I feel I'm enough comfortable . If my skin feels dry, oily, itchy I can't stand and I wash it to the point of self-harm sometimes or apply cream in big amount and keep doing long time each ritual. Also, clothes are a problem for me. It's so difficult to find something enough comfortable , and even when I find , it takes some time to get used to wearing them. Currently I try to avoid shower time at least with a few days gap between , because it's too much effort and I'm stuck in the house because I also try to avoid sweating in order to not take a shower too often. Now I'm in desperate situation , and every year was same since many years before and i still can't get serious help although I tried many antidepressants and therapists. And now I would like to know if anyone else have same or very similar symptoms, because I think it would be helpful to talk about it . So if there is somebody, please leave me a comment or message. Thank you !:)

Skynet

Skynet

Do you mind telling us which antidepressants you've tried? Because only SSRI antidepressants help with OCD.