• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sensitive to Embarrassment/Humiliation

Narutaku

Narutaku

Okay so today I was doing the laundry and just threw mine in carelessly, put detergent on and started it. Then 30min later my step mom walks in and asks “where is the load of laundry I put in.” I had unwittingly thrown mine in over hers. Oh no... I didn’t know what to say, an incredibly stupid mistake I realized I had made. After about 100 years of silence Feeling like a frozen statue I just laughed because I didn’t know what else to say/do. I had done something egregiously stupid. She did not think it was very funny, I didn’t either. I feel like my response was not appropriate, like I should apologize when doing something stupid but often end up freezing like a statue and laughing. I think this is because my extreme sensitivity to embarrassment. It really ends up causing me anxiety. Can anyone relate?

P

Professionalhypochondriac

Absolutely... nervous laughter has been my enemy on many occasions but it’s just how we react sometimes.

H

Hello513Zombie

I used to get feelings over worthlessness, and depression due to social anxiety. ESPECIALLY WHEN I MADE A MISTAKE.

Now I just get over it. Everybody makes mistakes.

Narutaku

Narutaku

Yea I know everyone makes mistakes but when I do it feels very much like I am abnormally dumb or something...

H

Hello513Zombie

Yea I know everyone makes mistakes but when I do it feels very much like I am abnormally dumb or something...
Ya I used to feel like I had to be perfect. You are probably just to hard on yourself.

Remember to pat yourself on the back for all the good stuff you do.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Anxiety Forum 1