• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sensitive to criticism and raised voices and kids...

S

SweetBipolar

I am having trouble to be strong. I am nervous around kids. They can be loud and outspoken. I feel I need to toughen up. It is hard because of how low my self esteem is and how high my panic is. If someone raises their voice to me I get so upset. Including kids. It can make me so angry or else it makes me afraid. I don’t know how to handle stress and pressure well. This is why I haven’t had a job yet. I am still learning to deal with this. It’s not easy. But I am trying. I feel so stupid to feel that kids are braver than me. This weakness feeling is slowly killing me. I will get no where in life as a “snowflake” as that term is used in today’s society. A snowflake is someone fragile and easily offended. I am easily broken.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

im terrified of children x
one summer i was obsessed thinking they were harrassing me outside-my garden is on a green hill

the first thing that happened that started it was ,they knocked my fence and called me a bitch and that just ruined the whole summer for me thinking they were playing oout there to get me
im still scared convinced they are plotting and out to get me
i think i struggle with children because they are disinhibited and speak their minds without a filter
i sometimes walk to the shop with my boyfriend and it can be torture if children are around

im kind of like it with teenagers too

people tell me they have better things to do than hurt me but the fact is children can be cruel and like to be mean at times x

i just read this back and im sorry i cant offer better advise on how to deal with it
but just know you are not the only grown up who is scared of children
i think maybe elderly people could be too ,they are just so loud and i dont like noise x

maybe try to just keep away from them if they worry you and always try to have a focus on something else? x
love Lu x

S

SweetBipolar

im terrified of children x
one summer i was obsessed thinking they were harrassing me outside-my garden is on a green hill

the first thing that happened that started it was ,they knocked my fence and called me a bitch and that just ruined the whole summer for me thinking they were playing oout there to get me
im still scared convinced they are plotting and out to get me
i think i struggle with children because they are disinhibited and speak their minds without a filter
i sometimes walk to the shop with my boyfriend and it can be torture if children are around

im kind of like it with teenagers too

people tell me they have better things to do than hurt me but the fact is children can be cruel and like to be mean at times x

i just read this back and im sorry i cant offer better advise on how to deal with it
but just know you are not the only grown up who is scared of children
i think maybe elderly people could be too ,they are just so loud and i dont like noise x

maybe try to just keep away from them if they worry you and always try to have a focus on something else? x
love Lu x
Thank you for replying to me. I am sorry you are fearing children & that some have treated you bad. That is horrible. I hope you are getting help from a therapist to share your feelings and experience.

G

GodsArtist1971

I am having trouble to be strong. I am nervous around kids. They can be loud and outspoken. I feel I need to toughen up. It is hard because of how low my self esteem is and how high my panic is. If someone raises their voice to me I get so upset. Including kids. It can make me so angry or else it makes me afraid. I don’t know how to handle stress and pressure well. This is why I haven’t had a job yet. I am still learning to deal with this. It’s not easy. But I am trying. I feel so stupid to feel that kids are braver than me. This weakness feeling is slowly killing me. I will get no where in life as a “snowflake” as that term is used in today’s society. A snowflake is someone fragile and easily offended. I am easily broken.
I’m so insecure now for 30 years bipolar and it always looks like everyone is so easy to talk and laugh and feeling comfortable but I’m never comfortable around other’s. I don’t know either how to overcome insecurity.