• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Selfharming!!!

J

jema88

I've not been on here for a while.. spose ive been wrapped up in my own world! :/ ..
ive got a couple of problems at the minute..
I cant stop stealing..
&& I cant stop self halming!!
It's all i think of from the minute i wake up to the minute i fall to sleep.. Self halming that is.. Stealing is just when i go in tesco's or some other shop.. && i'll steal some make up or something along those lines!!..
I can't cope with my son at the minute he's being horrible i just dont want him at all!!..
I dont feel his dad supports me very much.. Even though we are seperated he could aty leasty try help me out a little bit..
But when i've mentioned it to him.. He just brushe's it to one side..
I got a new kitten yesterday :)
I moved house last week :/
I'm still with my boyfriend.. d&& thats all going well apart from me self harming..
It's not fair on him!!..
I'm not really sure what to do instead of cutting myself..
I've not self harmed liked this since i was 14!!..
Anyway thanks for readying this and i hope your well!!..
xxx

A

angel10

have you got a cpn? How about emailing the Samaritans they have been a great help to me.

Big hugs to you x

J

jema88

hey.. yes i have a cpn i have told her shes going to speak to my psychiatrist!..
xx

BORTU

BORTU

Hello Jema,

It is good to hear that you told your cpn. The stealing and self harming is something inside you screaming "HELP ME". So make sure you do get help.

Please try not to judge your son, he also is hurting and needs your love.

Moving house is the second most stressful event that can happen. Hang on luv.

S

suzy

I have no sympathy for people who self harm, ban me if you want for saying this but how can you do it?

I just do not understand it. Think of something to make you stop each time you go to do it, like have a nice piece of cake or take a shower, just anything to get the thought out of your mind.

Hope you manage to stop

J

jema88

=/

I cant seem to find anything else that makes me feel as good.. xxx

W

warriorprincess

Sweet I'm really sorry you succumbed - I think it was your post i remember from the other week. Well done speaking to your cpn about it, I think that;s the best you can do at the moment, and obviously all the stuff I think i mentioned before, just thinking down the line, but I understand how totally out of control of it you must be feeling at the moment, so i hope they manage to see you soon and offer some help. I really hope you come to a point soon where you say ' that is it, no more' and as the days and weeks and years go by you will say proudly, ' I haven't harmed in x time'. I really hope that for you sweet. How is your partner? it sounds like you have a good relationship with him? don't be afraid to open up to him if you can, it may help take the pressure off a little, and at the end of the day you'd want to do the same for him right? You can only get stronger sweety, just remember that, and also that you're son will look up to you as super mum, pretty much no matter what, so don't be too hard on yourself and try not to picture ideals. It;s since i've let go of some of the pressures i was putting on myself, I'm actually enjoying time wit my daughter again, without thinking i'm such a rubbish parent.

take care xxx

jax

jax

I have no sympathy for people who self harm, ban me if you want for saying this but how can you do it?

I just do not understand it. Think of something to make you stop each time you go to do it, like have a nice piece of cake or take a shower, just anything to get the thought out of your mind.

Hope you manage to stop
Suzy, I find this comment quite offensive. If you've never self-harmed - of course you don't understand or have sympathy for. I have a diagnosis of Bipolar - would you tell me to go and have a nice slice of cake if I was high or depressed or sui? Would you like someone to tell you to shake of the depressions - take a shower. If your CPN said those things to you - would you appreciate them suggesting them? If someone told me to do any of those things - I would really be annoyed. If you're Bipolar - could you understand what someone with Parkinson's, or Schizophrenia or OCD went through? I don't think so. So you can't just say to them, I have no sympathy for you. You don't know what they experience or how they feel. Do you really think that if a nice shower would stop people from self harming - that all self harmer's wouldn't be having showers? Self harm may not be a mental illness - but it is a part of a lot of people's different diagnoses of mental illnesses. It is something I have struggles with since the age of 21 - I am now 40. If a shower or cake would stop me harming - believe me - I would be doing those things. If you still have no sympathy - fair enough - but please don't post suggestions such as these as they would be considered insulting to anyone with any symptoms of mental illnesses.
Jacqui

L

Lil

Sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch Jema :( Are you feeling any better today?

G

gothicminx

Jax is right Suzy, that was uncalled for.

M

Mercer

I'm with jax and goth here.

Suzy do you think the sort of reply you left will be benefical to anyone on a forum for mental health problems? I'm bipolar and self harm, it isn't healthy, but it's a short term fix sometimes to stop myself committing suicide.

Imagine someone was having the worst time ever, contemplating all sorts, and they have the courage to post here and seek help and advive and are left a message like yours?

Jesus. Just think. THINK!!!

Peace.

Rosepoet

Rosepoet

Jax is right Suzy, that was uncalled for.
Yes im for free speech but not here to people suffering what ever suzy problem i hope no one ever posts to her that they have no sympathy. Remember we are all suffering and at different points he we post something thoughtless could be the thing to push us over. I hope you continue to post and we will offer what help we can. Years ago i used to self harm before it was really talked about i was in a childrens home i suppose suzy would have no time for me !

S

shell

Suzy sorry I thought the same we should be supporting each other. How is eating the cake going to help she will end up as fat as anything! I binge eat we all have other problems its so hard to stop !!!!!

I hope you are feeling well Jem lots of love xxxx

J

jema88

yes ur comment was hurtfull and uncalled for.. i dont come on here for sympathy i come on for support if u dont offer that please dont come on my posts.. and for those concerned... yes im much better not selfharmed for a week today.xxx

M

Mercer

Good stuff jema, just one day at a time. You take care.