• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self Medicating

F

freshy

Before I was seeking help for my MH, I would drink, quite a lot, to help with my sleep and anxiety.

I was told recently that I have been self medicating. The Dr's have put me on Seroquel and celixia, but I still like to drink for fun. (I don't mix my Seroquel with booze)

Just wondering if anyone has experienced with self medicating and maybe some of the reasons you've done this.

I don't HAVE to drink, I LIKE to drink. I will admit that I did cut down a lot after the meds started to take effect, but I still drink regularly and still enjoy it.

iffybob

iffybob

A lot

I self med, not drink, alot on here prob self med, or have done so in the past, that is the way we are.........:)

S

*Sapphire*

Alot of people do it, through lack of support or any real therapeutic alternative. It shouldn't be that way, self medicating invariably makes people feel worse, but it is hard to see that when you are suffering.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Other 2
B Other 22
Tamziie93 Other 1