• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self-management?

B

bluebell24

Hi there,

I wondered if anyone else had tried CBT and/or other self-management for bipolar? I'm finding lots of CBT strategies helpful but I know I lack patience so keep having moments where I'm desperate to suddenly feel better.

I just wanted to know if anyone else has had positive experiences and how long it took them to feel better? And indeed any recommendations for anything in particualr that might work?

I feel like I'm coming out of the worst of the depression right now ... I've done lots today and it's barely the middle of the day so that's a good sign! But I know it could all change tomorrow and just need some ideas, hope and reassurance that if I'm patient the hard work will pay off.

:)

PS - I'm doing this in conjunction with medication, have no problems with that right now

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
Although not for Bi polar I have recieved CBT for nearly a year.

I find the thing with CBT is that it works with your ups and your downs. (without being bipolar!)... it is not a miricle cure that suddenly makes you feel better but I call it my safety mesh now.

It has helped me put things in place withour overanylising everything.

Take care

Intel