• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self Help

companion

companion

Founding Member
Before I ask...I have to say that I hope this does not cover anything that has already been said.

I am interested to know whether people have found self-help books of any use to them? I must admit that I have always been sceptical of them myself; hence, the question.

Also, if you have found them useful would you be able to suggest to me the ones that have been of help and how please?

Thank you very much for you help.

Take Care

Companion

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
I've bought loads but none of them have helped that much mainly because I'm never motivated enough or too depressed to read them. Where they have helped is maybe through the only little snippet I've picked up when I've flicked through them. My favourite book of the moment is the idiots guide to Buddhism as I'm quite interested in focused meditation as a method of recovery. Again it's been tough going reading it but it's good to flick through. Every time it's a case of aspirations exceeding ability!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Self Help and Mental Health 3