• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Self hatred

B

BornGone

I never liked how I looked. As a child I would try push and pull the skin of my face in certain direction in hope of it reforming my face.
There is nothing beautiful about me. My face, my body. Everything about me is disgusting and fucking ugly.
Yesterday I had an endoskopy where I needed to get half naked. I was so uncomfortable and nearly started to cry. If I had the chance, I would have harmed myself. Anything to do something against myself.
As a child I used to cry when I needed to undress for a doctors appointment. Even than I was ashamed of my body.
I will never be happy with this piece of shit body. It is just not enough. And I am forced to be myself for the rest of my life.

A

Adrift Mind

Hello BornGone!

I understand about Body Image as well! It makes me apprehensive about intimacy. My love of food doesn’t help either 😅. I love fashion, but it’s harder to dress my body now and it makes me really sad 😓.

E

Elphie10

I don't know how you look so I can't comment on that but I guess if there's any positivity to be found it's if your body is healthy (sorry, I don't know your health status but hoping you are healthy!). Even if you don't like looking at it, it's keeping you alive. Also beauty is only skin deep. I know appearance can be important to us but there are much more valuable things to focus on.

JessisMe

JessisMe

We don’t get to choose the body we are born into so it’s not your fault that you feel this way. Lots of people are trapped in bodies they are not happy with. However there is much more to life than looks Are there things you can feel good about yourself for like your work, your qualities as a person, your education, family, etc...? That way you would be able to say even though I don’t like this I still have this and this going for me and that’s pretty great.

frisas45

frisas45

A strong, punchy advice. I'm sorry that I might sound harsh, but please hear me out... :sorry:

You're ugly and your body is messed up. SO WHAT? Why the fuck should you care? It's your heart that matters. Your personality, your soul. The way you treat people. If you are compassionate, that matters. Nothing else. Fuck all extraneous qualities! Be happy with what you are. Be happy with yourself! Don't give a shit about your appearance! Beauty fades away like a flash of light. It's vain. Beauty is vain. It's a unhealthy norm that society wants to shove into us.

Enough of this tough love...

Please do NOT pull the skin off your face. That's a terrible thing to do. Please...

Here's a little gift:

B

BornGone

I don't know how you look so I can't comment on that but I guess if there's any positivity to be found it's if your body is healthy (sorry, I don't know your health status but hoping you are healthy!). Even if you don't like looking at it, it's keeping you alive. Also beauty is only skin deep. I know appearance can be important to us but there are much more valuable things to focus on.
I am gained a few muscles over the year since I started to work out. But my skin just looks wierd and face is a total abstract artwork made by an trippinh artist

B

BornGone

We don’t get to choose the body we are born into so it’s not your fault that you feel this way. Lots of people are trapped in bodies they are not happy with. However there is much more to life than looks Are there things you can feel good about yourself for like your work, your qualities as a person, your education, family, etc...? That way you would be able to say even though I don’t like this I still have this and this going for me and that’s pretty great.
I am still a student. Before I found the subject I was studying now I switched from one university to the next because I felt like it does not fit or that I am not smart enough to get through it. Still feel that way but I gave up on finding something that suits me ot that I am at least interested in

B

BornGone

A strong, punchy advice. I'm sorry that I might sound harsh, but please hear me out... :sorry:

You're ugly and your body is messed up. SO WHAT? Why the fuck should you care? It's your heart that matters. Your personality, your soul. The way you treat people. If you are compassionate, that matters. Nothing else. Fuck all extraneous qualities! Be happy with what you are. Be happy with yourself! Don't give a shit about your appearance! Beauty fades away like a flash of light. It's vain. Beauty is vain. It's a unhealthy norm that society wants to shove into us.

Enough of this tough love...

Please do NOT pull the skin off your face. That's a terrible thing to do. Please...

Here's a little gift:

No I know what you and you are right I should probably just accept it. But there is nothing that is good about. I always get rejected the moment I enter a room with new people. Everytime I need to prove to them that I am not what they make me out to be. It is frustrating to be honest.. I can't handle rejection well

B

BornGone

Hello BornGone!

I understand about Body Image as well! It makes me apprehensive about intimacy. My love of food doesn’t help either 😅. I love fashion, but it’s harder to dress my body now and it makes me really sad 😓.
Yeah intimacy would be quite the problem for me to. At the moment I can't even stand it when people jusg touch on the shoulder or something trivial as that. It just doesn't feel good.

frisas45

frisas45

No I know what you and you are right I should probably just accept it. But there is nothing that is good about. I always get rejected the moment I enter a room with new people. Everytime I need to prove to them that I am not what they make me out to be. It is frustrating to be honest.. I can't handle rejection well
Wow. That's tough when folks surrounding you reject you due to your appearance. But know this. It's not your fault. Like I said, society has been degraded into perfectionism. Not cool. Just be yourself and don't prove a thing to anyone. Find people who can accept you as you are.

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

00Bluejay7500 (was Scapes1986)

Sry you feel this way. I've been through many of the same struggle. One day I think I look Absolutely gorgeous and the next I look like I'm fat and constipated. I dieted and done many things to make myself feel better and luckily I think I'm over the fact that I just can't see what's in the mirror. Don't get so down on yourself maybe one day you'll see what's in the mirror for what you truly are.

B

BornGone

Wow. That's tough when folks surrounding you reject you due to your appearance. But know this. It's not your fault. Like I said, society has been degraded into perfectionism. Not cool. Just be yourself and don't prove a thing to anyone. Find people who can accept you as you are.
I used to think that I found people who accept me but everytime I opened up or told them something about myself, everything with them started to appear colder... like they were pulling away

B

BornGone

Sry you feel this way. I've been through many of the same struggle. One day I think I look Absolutely gorgeous and the next I look like I'm fat and constipated. I dieted and done many things to make myself feel better and luckily I think I'm over the fact that I just can't see what's in the mirror. Don't get so down on yourself maybe one day you'll see what's in the mirror for what you truly are.
Yeah, I switch from feeling hate towards myself to accepting or liking myself. I hoped that gaining muscles would change something but I also found out that it will never really matter what I do.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Yeah, I switch from feeling hate towards myself to accepting or liking myself. I hoped that gaining muscles would change something but I also found out that it will never really matter what I do.
Everyone is different but no one is perfect...on some level everyone is struggling. Self acceptance is key.

B

BornGone

Everyone is different but no one is perfect...on some level everyone is struggling. Self acceptance is key.
But how should I start? I would need somthing good to accept everything shit about me but I can't find anything that is good about me