• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self harming.

G

george81

Been self harming a lot today: not sure why I’m telling you this, relying on alcohol a lot at the moment to feel something, anything! Sorry all. Feel empty and pathetic and very hated: hugs to all x

jajingna

jajingna

No need to apologize. We're here to support one another, even if it's just words on a screen.

L

Liana

Don't apologize! This platform is here to help you feel less alone. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. What's been going on in your mind to make you self harm? Are you medicated? And what does self-harm bring you / make you feel? (I used to self-harm, too, so I get it! No worries. I'm just trying to understand you better) x

G

george81

Thank you so much for your kindness, I’m on sertraline 100mg but although it’s improved my mood and reduced the lack of energy I feel confused and empty, like I’m not real and don’t exist. I’m SHing to feel something but I still feel the self hatred enough to SH anyway.I almost feel like coming off the meds completely as I’m so used to feeling depressed I don’t know how to feel any other way. Plus a lot of my depression is also based upon the life situation I’m in which I can’t escape so there’s only so much meds can’t do. Love and hugs to you all x please take care

TheSadnessWillLastForever

TheSadnessWillLastForever

I know how you feel, hope you feel better soon❤