• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Self harmed

J

Jlttomo

Self harmed again tonight. It's the only way I can't deal with the emotional pain. I want to die but I don't want it to be painful 😢😢😢

B

bpd2020

I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Would it help to talk about how you are feeling?

J

Jlttomo

I'm not sure. I just want to be with my partner but there's always something to stop it. I've felt so down my whole life. I just want it to end.

B

bpd2020

It must be really difficult if you cannot be with your partner. I can understand why that would make you feel upset. Have you ever had any therapy to help with you feeling so low?

J

Jlttomo

Yes I've tried therapy most my life. The last one he discharged me after 4 sessions cuz I didn't make any progress, I feel so low.. last time I felt this low I tried to kill my self but chickened out. I really do just want to die....

B

bpd2020

It is terrible you were discharged after four sessions! Was this therapy on the NHS? I think you should report him. It sounds like you have been really unlucky with therapists. The right one can make so much difference and be a huge help. I understand you wanting to die as you want your pain to go away. I do not want you to die and I am sure your partner does not either. It is possible to get the right support for feeling depressed.

J

Jlttomo

I really don't see anything helping me anymore

B

bpd2020

Can you tell me what you have tried?

J

Jlttomo

Trent PTS, behavioural therapy to try think things more differently. More of the same throughout the years. Nothing has ever worked. I feel lost . And I do just want to die. The world would be better off

B

bpd2020

I believe that sometimes we need a lot of therapy before it starts to work and sometimes you may not be in the right frame of mind for it. I would try therapy again. Maybe cognitive analtical therapy would be more beneficial for you. I am so sorry you feel loss and want to die. I do not want you to die.

B

bpd2020

Are you under the care of the mental health team? It sounds like you could do with some more support.

J

Jlttomo

No I don't think I've ever been, apart from the therapist

B

bpd2020

I am surprised your doctor has not suggested it. I am no expert but you sound very depressed right now and I think an antidepressant may be able to help you. I cannot function without antidepressants. They can really take the edge of the low feeling. Is it something you would try?

J

Jlttomo

I'm on fluxoxitines at the moment. Been on anti depressants most my life. Another thing that doesn't seem to work for me 😢😢😢