Self harm

Spangl3s

Spangl3s

Hello guys.

I'm a 31 year old woman and diagnosed with bpd. Lately I've been self harming even though I never intended to do so. I'm so ashamed because of it, mostly because of my age. It feels like I should have grown out of it. Anyone else who is a little older and still self harm? I wish I could find the strenght to stop doing it.

/S

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'm 29 nearly 30 so not much younger than you and I self harm and got disagnosed with BPD :hug:

Spangl3s

Spangl3s

I'm 29 nearly 30 so not much younger than you and I self harm and got disagnosed with BPD :hug:
Did you try to stop/doing something else? I've been doing it since I was 12 and it's like an addiction. I have two little daughters at home and I don't want them to see.

L

Lonely Planet

I'm twenty years older than you and I still do it from time to time. I mentioned to my doctor that I thought it was pathetic and adolescent but he didn't agree. I always feel better for a few days after it. However, not done it for a few weeks now. Went and got a tattoo yesterday instead.
Anyway, we find other ways to self harm like I restrict my eating and other times abuse alcohol. All we can do is keep trying

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Did you try to stop/doing something else? I've been doing it since I was 12 and it's like an addiction. I have two little daughters at home and I don't want them to see.
yeah i've tried but the urges are always there :cry::hug:

I have a rule with myself that I don't let my beautiful cats see :love::grouphug:

S

stankgyna

I just turned 32 and I self harmed Friday. I do it from time to time but usually had different ways. This time though I did it during some state where I’m not aware and I really did a number on myself and in a place that is usually visible to people. I’m still not feeling well but I reached out to get stabilized.

megirl

megirl

I am 43 now and up to 42 I was abusing alcohol at times and regularly took overdoses, self harm is a common feature to having BPD
Now I have resolved some of my difficulties I havn't the need to use alcohol,and my urge to overdose is pretty much gone.
Some of my issues were surrounding my ex-husbands negative and controlling behaviours, which was extremely triggering for me.
Without him I've made a huge recovery

D

Delbert

I’m 35 and a few weeks ago harmed myself for the first time in probably 15 years.i done it 2 days in a row. I used to use other methods a few times in last 3 years.
I have no idea where this came from as previously I’ve felt worse.
Hope that helps

BPDevil

BPDevil

im 19 and self harm sometimes but i know people who are older who do to, i think every one can struggle

Spangl3s

Spangl3s

I’m 35 and a few weeks ago harmed myself for the first time in probably 15 years.i done it 2 days in a row. I used to use other methods a few times in last 3 years.
I have no idea where this came from as previously I’ve felt worse.
Hope that helps
I had a few years were I didn't self harm as well. And now suddenly I do it all the time.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
hi ,im 39 and i self harm regularly ,i have done since i was 11
pain is pain-emotional pain i mean ,at any age ,you definitely shouldn't feel ashamed IMO
i do it to stay alive ,if i didn't self harm i would end my life

i hope however you do find a way to do something less harmful to yourself as a way of coping
but i know it is hard
welcome to the forum
lots of love Lu x