Self harm

M

M09

I’m starting to have self harm urges and temptations l. I’ve never harmed before but my minds leading me to think about it more and more. Where’s best to go from here? Thanks Xx

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi and :welcome: to the forum, I'd suggest you read the alternatives in the help section of the SH forum, and if you haven't already done so I'd look at some professional advice X

M

M09

Thank you , what happens in a MIND session if I discuss this X sorry to ask another question X

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hey no problem, ask away X
I'm honestly not sure, I went straight into hospital and then to GP referral due to my problems with SH and self destructive actions x I don't recommend my path to anyone, try to get support and help before that

R

Ramson bangers

Hey M09, thats a bad idea my friend. Lets think of some alternatives okay. Whatever works for you. Dont forget pm me bro anytime.

F

fightingdep

I’m starting to have self harm urges and temptations l. I’ve never harmed before but my minds leading me to think about it more and more. Where’s best to go from here? Thanks Xx
Me too, sometimes I have to urge to hit my head or bang something in my head or just hit myself. To just stop myself from thinking stupid things. Or stop myself from drowning in my emotion again. Like I need a strong feeling to pull myself out of the pain inside. Maybe it just because depression makes our hard to control our mind so we alternatively physically ask ourselves to stop. I don't know yours but mine sounds like this.

I never did it before too. When I feel like doing it I just felt tired and eventually didn't do nothing at all. Guess its a good thing? Anyway, you can first try to understand why you want to harm yourself. I know mine so I tried to find my way out. Hope you can get through this. :hug5:

M

M09

Thank you! I agree it feels silly but it’s things like if I’m curling my hair or hitting my head and it’s like a wave of urge but when it comes to it I feel too tired to do anything or something in my head almost flashes X

It’s a scary thought X

F

fightingdep

Thank you! I agree it feels silly but it’s things like if I’m curling my hair or hitting my head and it’s like a wave of urge but when it comes to it I feel too tired to do anything or something in my head almost flashes X

It’s a scary thought X
I know right. It feels so scary .the thought of why we want to hurt ourselves. Hope you get better. We can work through it. I didn't stop searching for help. watching diet, chatting with friend in this forum, learning about CBT, learning about my messed up mindset. You can do it to.