• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

self harm urges :(

F

failedvibecheck

having self harm urges. don’t know why because i’m not sad or anything, i feel fine, the only reasoning i can think of is just “why not”. i can’t stop thinking about doing this one thing, pretty sure it’s against the rules of the forum to mention what but i’ll just say it’s definitely going to make things worse and i’m well aware of that but for some reason...it makes me want it more? idk i’m trying to distract myself rn

sorry for posting here a lot btw

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

having self harm urges. don’t know why because i’m not sad or anything, i feel fine, the only reasoning i can think of is just “why not”. i can’t stop thinking about doing this one thing, pretty sure it’s against the rules of the forum to mention what but i’ll just say it’s definitely going to make things worse and i’m well aware of that but for some reason...it makes me want it more? idk i’m trying to distract myself rn

its ok this forum is here to get posted on, if posting a lot was the wrong thing to do i'd be in hot water by now :hug:

i hope you can keep avoiding self harms, you dont deserve them :hug:

American Boy

American Boy

This normally means you are depressed even though your not feeling sad at this present time. Try and find the route of the problem although easier said than done. I know this sort of thing can be exhausting especially if the urges go on for months, its important to try work around it and figure out a way of dealing with it, in the mean time find something to do that makes you feel happy like doing a hobby or something, make some plans for yourself for during the week and if you can try be around people often and avoid things like alcohol. I've had these urges before myself and it can take a while.