• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

self harm tonight

G

george81

hello all, i hope you are well. tonight i have self harmed. i feel so worthless and useless and i have caused so much misery to others. guilt is a horrible feeling to live with but i guess it serves a purpose- to punish us for our wrongs. i'm a total piece of shit. no one likes me and i can understand why. i wish sorry was enough but it's not. i wish i could change things for the better for those i've done wrong to. if only i could turn back the clock. it would be so much easier for people if i wasn't here. sorry everyone x

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
George, I really feel for you.

We can’t punish ourselves. Administering self harm becomes the addiction and does nothing to change you for the better. I presume you wouldn’t do this to a child or pet? Why do these things to yourself? It’s just an expression of hatred.

We are born again every morning we wake up. We don’t stay static throughout life - we keep evolving and changing. Think about what sort of person you want to be and make the changes towards that. The past should always stay behind you. Move forward now and be a friend to yourself.

Sending you lots of love xxx

G

george81

Thank you Lunar Lady, what a nice thing to say. Sometimes it's nice just to have some interaction with another person, it means a lot to have you reply. thank you x

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Thank you Lunar Lady, what a nice thing to say. Sometimes it's nice just to have some interaction with another person, it means a lot to have you reply. thank you x
George, if you ever want a chat, just tag me by using the @ symbol before my name. If you type @Lunar Lady, I‘ll get a notification you’ve mentioned me and I can click on that post.

How are you feeling, now? X

G

george81

Thank you Lunar Lady, I feel tired to be honest but have to phone an isolated family member in a bit and pretend everything's alright lol. They know nothing about how I feel or behave when on my own. The certainly have no idea about my self harm etc. I am very quick to respond when someone criticizes me and my mood will drop suddenly and that's it, day ruined. Once one thing has gone wrong, it's all wrong. I will ruminate over negative comments and if I can't self harm that instant I;ll save it up for later. Thank you for your kindness x

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
You truly sound like a lovely person.:hug:

I hope the call goes well. Please talk to us here - you never need to pretend - we are all our authentic, messed up selves here. ;)

Big, BIG hug for you. Tomorrow will be a better day. Xxx

G

george81

Thank you so much Lunar Lady, much appreciated. Hugs back to you xxx

N

Nukelavee

I've often felt like you, George, and likely will again.

On the other hand, most of the people around me have the opposite opinion of me that I do. Even though I have my doubts, their view of me gives me something to try to be, to offset how I feel about myself.

We are often our most harsh and cruel critics.