Self harm thoughts

N

Natalie355

I am just over 5 months self harm free but I'm starting to really
struggle at the moment with self harm thoughts and finding it hard to block the thoughts out.
I use to ping a elastic band on my wrist but it's not working anymore more with the thoughts being so much more often.
I don't know any other ways to distract myself from actually going threw with the thoughts.

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

I am just over 5 months self harm free but I'm starting to really
struggle at the moment with self harm thoughts and finding it hard to block the thoughts out.
I use to ping a elastic band on my wrist but it's not working anymore more with the thoughts being so much more often.
I don't know any other ways to distract myself from actually going threw with the thoughts.
5 months is an amazing achievement, you should feel really proud, I hope you feel okay and can tell us what is making it harder at the moment if you want to talk about it x

N

Natalie355

My grandad just died and I'm starting a new job that I'm getting so stressed and anxious about.

C

Confusedandanxious

I'm sorry for your loss and the stress of the new job. It's understandable you're struggling right now.
You've done so well and came so far, remind yourself of this to try and fight against the thoughts.

What helps me when they come is cleaning. I grab a cloth and scrub anything and everything. I visualise scrubbing the thoughts out of my head while I'm cleaning. The cleaning in itself is therapeutic and the visual scrubbing of the thoughts helps rid myself of the thoughts. Maybe you could give that a try.

N

Natalie355

My social anxiety is getting me so frustrated, it's giving me self harm thoughts.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 26
S Self Harm Forum 4
midnightphoenix Self Harm Forum 118
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 45
D Self Harm Forum 12