• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self harm scar surgery removal?

P

Pffft

Hello guys, I hope you are all well, I have self harm scars around my hips and few on my arm. One inparticular looks horrible and although some people have openly admitted they didn't think it was a self harm scar (they said it looked like a burn) I still hate it. In work i have a short sleeve top and its visible. I notice people looking at it. I mentioned it maybe a year ago? when I was at a GP app and she said i can have surgery to remove it (but would still be left with a scar) has anyone had this? and if so, how was it?

Thanks
x

S

Se7en

Or you could get a tattoo? (y)

W

Whatishappy

I to have these on my lower arm if anybody would comment with serious advice I would appreciate as I am embarrassed to ask Doctor etc and keep my lower arms covered

D

Damian23

I've had so many plastic surgeries that I have scars around my hips, waist, chest and even between my legs. I have decided that since the scars will always be kind of visible to others I will cover them with tattoos. I think that's the best solution but first the wounds must heal completely.