• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self-Harm OCD

H

Hessemp

Hi guys. This is my first time posting here. I really struggle with obsessing over the medicine cabinet, whether or not I will overdose on meds. But ALSO I really struggle with imagining the reaction and aftermath of my friends and loved ones, if I were to commit suicide. This is huge for me. Everyday it seems like there's another person I'm obsessing over and thinking about their reaction to my death.

N

night0072

well it seems like you like to depend on others but yourself that why you get obsessed with other people, but when you expand your social circle you don't have to worried about that because one leaves but you have a bunch of then to rely on, that's why you have to think on making lots of friends and not just one or if you are looking for a partner you need to have many more to choose from

H

Hessemp

Hello night. Thank you for your reply, but I don't think you are correct. You see, I actually have many friends and I don't really rely on many people. It's just my obsessions are usually about killing myself OR different people's reactions to my death. Have you ever heard of anyone obsessing about their family or friends' reactions to their suicide? Every day almost I seem to obsess over my loved ones' reactions to my death. Anybody relate?

G

Gkhair19

Hi heesemp I have exactly the same as what you were explaining its causing me a fear for.my safety I have to keep reassuring myself that I am okay ocd is horrible I cant focus on anything else

H

Hessemp

Hi Gkhair, so wait..you also experience those same thoughts? Thoughts about "what would he or she think if I committed suicide? What would the aftermath look like? How would they feel? What would they say?" You have those same thoughts and feelings sometimes?

G

Gkhair19

Hi hessemp yes all of what you said only I end up in constant panic attacks that are relentless I keep thinking I'm losing control,what would the aftermath look like along with vivid intrusive thoughts a out dying by suicide intrusive thoughts are horrible

H

Hessemp

Gkhair, we should connect on fb messenger or at least email. Would you like to?