self harm is pushed aside.

P

phoebefantasia

So I self harmed after months being clean the other day. I took myself to hospital to get a mental health assessment as I felt rather unstable. Now , the self harm wasn't severe, but I was having suicidal ideation while at the hospital. I was taken to a Major unit in A&E. So I was expecting things to happen rather quick... I was fucking wrong. I ended up sitting in a chair FOR 12 HOURS. From 7pm until 8am the following morning, I sat in a chair injuring myself feeling utterly worthless. I was given paracetamol for complaining of a headache which was really voices and bad thoughts. 12 hours I was overlooked just because I didn't seem severe enough to the A&E doctors. Mental health is not visible most of the time. People need to realise this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

Hi @phoebefantasia I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience, it's shocking that you should have to wait that long, sadly mental health doesn't appear to be a big priority.
Hope you are feeling a little better today x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
just wanted to welcome you to the forum x
i agree with you self harm is pushed aside ,i self harm very seriously at times which can be a danger to my life
but i don't feel it is taken seriously at all ,one MH professional insinuated it wasn't a problem and i could stop any time i wanted-it isn't as easy as that ,i do it to stay alive x

i hope if you have another experience at hospital it is better than your last
love Lu x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Self Harm Forum 11
midnightphoenix Self Harm Forum 13
N Self Harm Forum 7
Not_here Self Harm Forum 15
midnightphoenix Self Harm Forum 2