• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self harm in so many ways...

D

DahliaDoll

I've been self harming since I was 12 years old... In more ways than one. There are so many different forms of it and I've tried multiple. I don't do it because I want attention, I generally cover it up so no one notices. I don't do it because I want to die, I guess I just do it because it's a relief that I feel something. I have spent so many years numbing myself to emotion it's just nice to feel something whether it be physical or emotional. Now, generally when I self harm I do it in a physical way. But when I start to feel emotion I do it in an emotional way. Maybe as punishment?? I'll self sabotage to the point where I push everyone away. But there has been this one certain person who just won't let me push them away so with them the cycle is just never-ending. I want to let go of this madness so I can love them and be loved properly. But... How do I do it???

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles. Are you getting any kind of professional help, support or therapy at all?

I know it's not easy; self harming can quickly become a vicious circle of comfort, relief, guilt and self-loathing and it's not always easy to break but, it's certainly not impossible. You've made a big step by realising you want to change and that, I think, will help you.

I am so glad that your certain someone has not let you push them away. They sound like a very special person and obviously think that you are special too.

D

DahliaDoll

Yes I go to my psychiatrist once a month and I see my therapist once a week.
I haven't self harmed in a couple of weeks now, I'm going strong... I'm hoping I can leave it in 2014 and have a fresh start in 2015 and be healthier than I have been.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Yes I go to my psychiatrist once a month and I see my therapist once a week.
I haven't self harmed in a couple of weeks now, I'm going strong... I'm hoping I can leave it in 2014 and have a fresh start in 2015 and be healthier than I have been.
That's great to hear! I like the idea of a New Year a new start. It sounds as though you're doing well. Stay strong :hug1: