• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self harm in older adults

S

Seeking Relief

I’m new to the forum. I hoped to find and hear from people who are still struggling with self harm after the age of 60. I desperately need to hear that I’m not alone and unique and that I can stop before I go too far.

Foxjo

Foxjo

Hi and welcome to the forum!
You are not alone there are members here that are similar age to yourself. Hopefully they will see your thread and offer support.
In the meantime I wanted to welcome you.
Hugs
Fox

S

Seeking Relief

Hi and welcome to the forum!
You are not alone there are members here that are similar age to yourself. Hopefully they will see your thread and offer support.
In the meantime I wanted to welcome you.
Hugs
Fox
Thanks much

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
I’m new to the forum. I hoped to find and hear from people who are still struggling with self harm after the age of 60. I desperately need to hear that I’m not alone and unique and that I can stop before I go too far.
you are not alone
m

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hi @Seeking Relief im a self harmer and in my late 60s. I’d gone a couple of years with no SH but unfortunately when undergoing therapy recently it caused me to start again.
Unfortunately it doesnt just stop because you reach a certain age

M

Marchhare

Founding Member
Quite a relief to know there are a few of us about
m

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
Hello Welcome 🤗
I hope you find support here.

Age has absolutely nothing to do with it. I’ve been working at “mental health” so many years. I met older people do it. Please don’t think you’re alone. Please seek a help without hesitation.