Self harm healing

D

downessarah91

Hi everyone,

I self harmed on Monday.
Now though, I have these disgusting marks which are quite painful. The one on my leg has got a gauze on it which I'm changing daily but it looks as though it's oozing.
I've been putting germolene on both the wounds but not sure what else I can do to speed up healing?
Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HoggiePoggie

If it keeps oozing you might want to get someone to get it just to rule out any chance of infection, I can understand if you don't want to though to hide your self harm issue. Then again constantly applying cream and covering it could cause the oozing. Possibly try letting the air get at it but please be careful and keep it clean.
The ones on my arm hurt like hell for a good few weeks but once the scabs die down the pain generally goes away.

D

downessarah91

I think it might be infected. It won't stop oozing and there's blood right near the surface of the skin. I woke up this morning and there was a patch of blood where I'd left it open to get some air.
I want to keep this from family at the moment as I don't think they'll understand but I really don't know what to do.....

H

HoggiePoggie

If you can go to your doctor in private then that would be the only option I can think of. U less you can lie to your family about your self harming but that isn't a very reliable option.
Your doctor will probably ask if you want help for your self harming, I would honestly recommend taking it if you aren't receiving any already.

D

downessarah91

I googled whether to keep it covered or not and most medical websites recommended keeping it covered to keep it free from the risk of (further) infection. A couple of sites also recommended putting a layer of vaseline over the wound before dressing it to protect the skin so I'll see how that has faired when I change it in the morning. It's still quite painful though. If it's not cleared up by the end of next week then I think I'll have to go to the doctors....

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
If it is already infected/ you think it is then you need to see a medical professional about it and they can give you advice about how to take care of it as well.

D

downessarah91

Hi all, you may be pleased to know that my wound has cleared up and has a neat (ish) scab over it. Am hoping it clears up for my work xmas do now. Thanks for all your support.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Self Harm Forum 2
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 37
S Self Harm Forum 4
midnightphoenix Self Harm Forum 120
soulsearcher Self Harm Forum 45