• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

self harm feels like the only option that works

L

lifeispeachy

My head is in that much pain that i look forward to self harming ive nothing left to give in life, i think ive self harmed 150 times in the last few months, causing everybody around me pain in my actions, i wish i could call it a day but just like i am in life im to pathetic to even end myself. maybe il die in my sleep and sleep for ever. meds and doctors cant even fix me. thanks for the child abuse uncle you're the best :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi :)

I'm so, so sorry you were abused when you were younger. Have you had any kind of counselling at all whether in the past or present?

If you have had I think it will be a good idea to try and go back and talk some more and if not please consider going.

It will be so, so hard talking about it I know but in the long run it might make it better for you.

Are you under the services at the moment? If so could you tell someone just how much you are struggling or a close family member or friend?

If you don't know already you can also ring Lifeline helpline | Lifeline: Northern Ireland crisis response helpline service on 0808 808 8000 or ring the Samaritians on 08457 90 90 90 (UK)/1850 60 90 90 (Republic of Ireland) (sorry, I don't know which part of Ireland you are in :))

I know you have self harmed a lot in the past few months and I know how much of a release it is but you know deep down that it is not the best thing to do. The more you give in to the urges the more of a urge it becomes and it gets more and more dangerous.

Now I am not going to say that just stop Cold Turkey and I am also not to encourage you to self harm.

If you feel you can't just stop please try and do something less drastic each time.

There are ways that you can try and control the urges we have a thread here (http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread40239.html) that maybe you could look through. There are also other ways, like trying to get your senses going and distract yourself that way.

I do really hope you can consider going and talking to someone about not only how bad you are feeling but things about your past.

Please take care.

Marliee xx

Domino

Domino

Hi poppet.
I always have thought self harming takes the pain from the inside to the outside. Something we control.
Have self harmed and have the scars. It's really hard to say to someone "it doesn't help" when we have both experienced the release of it.
It's almost like,- self loathing. A need to punish for our past or self worth.
You are not alone. Don't ever feel you are "wrong" or a "bad person"
It's how you are handling each situation.
That said of course it's not a healthy option in life, just how some of us deal with how we feel.
If you want to talk here, just message. Been there myself many times and it benefits talking to anyone who experiences the same
Much love x