• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self harm family police

B

brightergenie

Hi sorry for long post just need to vent and get it out.

So Tuesday I visited my nan while I was there she had a bad turn so I called an ambulance. I went with her in the ambulance at 7.30pm we got to the hospital and I stayed with her till 1.45am. My Aunty refused to go 2 the hospital. My nan was pleading with me to end the pain and I couldn't deal with it and SH. I visited her yday and she refused to see me and when she did eventually let me she told me to leave and it was my fault she was in there and she would never forgive me for it. My Aunty turned up just as I was leaving and we had an altercation and told me it was my fault again she was in there and I had no right to interfere and to leave, I was extremely upset and paid for parking and went to my car to find I was blocked in by another car. I told security and they couldn't help. I sat in my car boot 4 2hrs and nobody came out I had to get someone to pick my autistic child up from school in the end I called the police to see if they could contact the driver and they couldn't get hold of her. Due my anxiety levels getting worse and i was getting angry they sent a officer out, the officer managed to get my car out and gave me a caution due to my attitude and behaviour. As soon as she found out I had mental health problems (depression, anxiety and anger issues) she made it her power to make things worse which she did the way she spoke to me and her whole attitude, she told me I should have got a complete stranger to move my car I ended up SH again last night which will leave a scar. Just don't know how much more I can take my SH is getting worse.
Sorry again for the long post just needed to let it out

Last edited:
Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Ahbrightergenie
I'm sorry this happened for you, it must have all been very upsetting and stressful.
In regards to your nan, don't beat yourself up over it, you did what you thought was best in the situation. Others shouldn't judge you as they wasn't there x
As for the police, well I'm not surprised! You seemed robe quite patient, I'm not sure I would have waited 2 hours, so well done you !

B

brightergenie

Thank u sparklypurplepaws my nan phoned me tonight to say she was home and spoke to me like nothing had been said. My aunty like to control everything so if I do anything for my nan she doesn't like it. It was very hard to be patient and tried not to get angry the police officer I spoke to on the phone was really caring and tried to calm me d

B

brightergenie

Thank u sparklypurplepaws my nan phoned me tonight to say she was home and spoke to me like nothing had been said. My aunty like to control everything so if I do anything for my nan she doesn't like it. It was very hard to be patient and tried not to get angry the police officer I spoke to on the phone was really caring and tried to calm me down but I was wasn't calming down which is why she sent an officer out. It's annoying when u call them to help and then get treated the way I did x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sounds like a complete nightmare. :hug:

I'm really sorry that you were spoken to like that from family members.
Whilst I obviously don't know your Nan or Aunty, it sounds like they were using you as a bit of a verbal punch bag and that's not right.

Please look after yourself and make sure you take care of any wounds.
Hope you have a good, relaxing weekend - you deserve it! x

B

brightergenie

Thanks SS had a better day 2day got my corn snake out and handled him, and went to a reptile handling day was really relaxed. I'm still annoyed that I SH to the point it will scar (never scarred myself b4 )

SarahD

SarahD

Hi brightergenie

Glad you had a better day.

What a stressful time to,go,through. It always seems to be that everything possible goes wrong at the same time.

I expect your Nan reacted like that when she was in the hospital because she was so stressed at being there. It can be very distressing when you are older and have to,go to hospital like that. At least you were there to help her and did the best thing for her.

Glad you are feeling better.

Sarah

B

brightergenie

Didn't have a very good evening and 2day best mate giving me so much crap for the other day and telling me that I'm crap friend because I don't tell her about all my problems even if I did she wouldn't be supportive. Worse thing I hit my husband several times last night he's ok just got a bruised arm, I feel so bad for hitting him as the last time I hit him was a year ago and what makes it worse i felt the release I normally get when I SH. just feel like running away somewhere to just think and try and clear my head

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya and like the others, I am sorry you are having such a hard time. Do you think your nan was a little confused? Sometimes older people get confused easily, especially if not getting enough oxygen from the breathing difficulties. Your aunty was out of order though.

As for the police, they aren't there for the public any more! Its all unnecessary and I wouldn't have been so patient as to wait 2 hours - I take my hat off to you. No wonder you were at the end of your tether by the time the police arrived. If it wasn't for the fact we have more CCTV than any other country, it would have been tempting to just bash the other car out of the way.. (tempting thought, isn't it?).

But the self harm - is it anger turned inwards? Can you identify your anger and express it outwards? Shout on here as much as you like, we'll understand. Hugs honey. xxx