• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Self-Esteem in College

T

T3williams

College is often considered to be one of the most learned phases of our lives. Who has a harder time? Males or females? Whose self-esteem is affected more, and why?

K

kbamford210

I feel as if females have a harder time just because guys are never really "picky" with who they hang around with. Girls tend to "read a book based off its cover." More often than guys.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

College is often considered to be one of the most learned phases of our lives. Who has a harder time? Males or females? Whose self-esteem is affected more, and why?
I think both genders are affected and there are unique pressures for everybody.
I don't think you can really say who is affected more.
Also, I don't know if it's helpful to say any particular gender has a more difficult time than others. It could create a division which is never going to lead to any open or supportive interactions between genders.
(I hope that makes sense).

Last edited:
L

LingeringThoughts

In my own experience, I think it is the male who have the harder time in College. Women are more chit chatty especially to their fellow girls even if they don't know their names yet. Also, in my four years of college, there are a total of 5 suicides within the university premises and dorms that involves mostly male students.