• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Self-doubt about episodes...

D

downersgoup

Does anyone ever feel detached from past experiences? As in, when you're feeling relatively level, do you ever have the thought, "Oh, I just made mistakes like anyone would"?

It's frustrating, because I'm not sure how much of that is true and how much of it is just an ideology that's been forced onto me by people who don't struggle with the same things. Often times, a quick review of my 20s and my financial decisions therein assuage any doubts I have, but it still comes up for me from time to time.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Does anyone ever feel detached from past experiences? As in, when you're feeling relatively level, do you ever have the thought, "Oh, I just made mistakes like anyone would"?

It's frustrating, because I'm not sure how much of that is true and how much of it is just an ideology that's been forced onto me by people who don't struggle with the same things. Often times, a quick review of my 20s and my financial decisions therein assuage any doubts I have, but it still comes up for me from time to time.
I find that I disassociate myself from them often and when I’m feeling better I wonder if it was mania at all or just imagination and whether or not a bipolar diagnosis is right for me. I can never figure it out.