• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

self diagnosis

stupid1

stupid1

self diagnosis is not a good hingb but i bekive i have boirderline personality disorder among a few others ?????!!!
I am self harming quite badly at the moment and have been hospitalised twice recently (which will not happen again) !!!
i have been saying to mysel yhay there is nothing wrong with mer when i know therer is and saying this tio hospital saff too i thought i had cnvinced them lol
i looked up BPD and uit is like REading about me and me life in black and white, this has been gong on for many years and i cannot cope anymore how do i tell them this is what i have ?

Do you ever feel on the brink of something 24/7?
the poilice kicked my door in and i am nnot happy with that, i have a very a;large bruise on my leg because i was battoned what can o do about this type of treatment?

does anyone know anout splitting as this is a very importaant part ofr4 me
i dont fel very good tonight at all.

stupid1 xxx

stupid1

stupid1

anyone please

anyone please?

Q

quality factor

I have BPD and Borderline UK was a site recommended to me by my Consultant; have a read it may help you out.
QF.

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

Self-Harm

As the old saying goes, "We are our own worst enemies." I hope you can get your life together and I do have much concern for you!
With much Compassion!

stupid1

stupid1

thanks

thanks for the replies.
i tried to get on the borderline uk site but my pc keeps telling me the site has a virus ??

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
When looking at criteria for PD you can fit almost anyone to them! I know what you mean though because I tick 95% of the boxes.
I would suggest that you try and get referred for CBT or something similar by your GP. Some mental health services drop PD like a hot potato after a short while over treatment issues. I not sure that there is a particular medicative treatment for the disorder as a whole though you can treat some symptoms.
Hope things turn out well for you. Get support from like minded people when possible as it helps. Good luck.:flowers:

Q

quality factor

thanks for the replies.
i tried to get on the borderline uk site but my pc keeps telling me the site has a virus ??
Any luck with Borderline UK yet? There is usually no problem with it.
The diagnosis of a personality disorder is sometimes quite contentious and BPD in particular has been a controversial one.
It seems that a combination of medication and a talking therapy is a standard treatment approach at the moment for BPD, but there are quite a few recognised personality disorders with similar symtoms. Of course it is up to a professional to make an accurate diagnosis based on what you present with.

stupid1

stupid1

borderline

i still cant get on the website but thanks for info anyway
i have an app tomorrow not really sure who its with, i was diagnosed several years ago with a pd but they werent sure which one but what i dont understand is i have been up from 4.30 this morning and i have been suicidal i just wanted to lay down and die but at around 6.00 tonight it was like a switch had been flicked in my head and i was very hungry and and was grinning and laughing at the tv im like this every day and i dont understand it all i have been cutting a lot as well when i feel good i am trying to find out as much as i can before i feel like that again im only getting a couple hours sleep at night and im nodding off constantly during the day i hallucinate on and off but i have done that for years it can get relly bad they direct me guide tell me its ok to do certain things and if i vocally tell anyone then i will suffer the consequences i also smell feel and taste things and am very concerned that there are people in my flat or have a secret entrance i have checked all the cupboards windows doors and they are all secure so how the hell do they get in?? i keep the curtains closed because people are watching me my neighbours are also spying on me and i dont trust anyone

stupid1

stupid1

no app

well no app guess that was all in my head too, time to get drunk i think!!

stupid1

stupid1

app

i got a phone call a woman saying that i had an app for thursday i told her i wasnt able to go out the house and she said she would get back to me but no one did so i think i might have been hallucinating which has happened before but not for quite a while so i dont know where i stand on this and im too embarrased to call and find out.

stupid1

stupid1

I saw gp today and he wants me to speak to someone i cant remember if i agreed or but it dosent matter anyway they cant help me i just think family would be better off without me i cant carry on like this every day i am fighting the urge to just finish it that energy is fast running out my gp asked me what did i use to cut myself my gawd does it really matter? why are they soo interested in that i rally have the urge now im struggling hard to connect with peopple or anything nothing feels real i doubt everything unless there is proof a letter maybe i dont know i jst wasnt meant to be here i see and hear signs all around me telling me just that ( go on what you waiting for) my neighbours are sick of me i play music to block the voices out but it gets very loud sometimes they hate me i know they do they pretend niceness im not letting anyone in my flat again i see them looking and judgiing humans are not to be trusted gawd i wish they would leave me alone

T

Twylight

Be strong lass
dissociation ( lack of reality ) is treatable and so are voices

stupid1

stupid1

really strugglin tonight im trying to at least appear normal to family they have anough goin on just now sorry dont even know why im posting its not like it s going to change anything

T

Twylight

From what I've learn't:
half the battle is talking about it..
Which will be difficult at first..