• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Self confidence has destroyed dating life?

Y

Ydoc2012

I’m 21 years old and have never had a serious relationship. I’m not very good at talking to girls. This is most likely do to my low self esteem. Every time I start talking to someone I’m constantly second guessing myself. I have a very negative perception of myself. I honestly have trouble when asked to describe myself in a positive way. Once I say a positive I end up challenging it with a negative. The dating thing has more recently started bothering me because most of my friends were in my same situation throughout high school. But the past few years have seen all of them get romantically involved. Any advice on getting more self confidence? That would probably help in almost every aspect of my life not just dating.

H

Headingtothelight

I get how you feel 110%.
u need to just accept you for you and be yourself always, embrace your flaws and quirks, it’s what makes someone fall in love with u...u can’t really love someone else unless u love yourself i’ve learned that the hard way and i can’t even answer phone calls from my bf coz keep feeling like i dont know what to say and how to act always scared to let him know the real me coz i don’t even know who the real me is anymore...

S

sam1232

i know how you feel. My younger cousin felt the same when his girlfriend betrayed her

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
S Self Help Depression Forum 2
S Anger and self hatred Depression Forum 11
apple2003 idk what to label this as but tw for suicide and self harm Depression Forum 5
H Self social isolation. Depression Forum 18
Tawny Types of self care Depression Forum 24
kimmykat Self discipline tips? Depression Forum 9
misunderstood256 Failing and Self-Hatred Depression Forum 5
D I'm not sure if I'm suicidal or if I'm just being self destructive Depression Forum 4
OCDguy Depression and low self-esteem Depression Forum 9
S besides self talk what actually reduced your severe depression or anxiety? Depression Forum 17
S Anxiety, Depression, Self-Esteem? Depression Forum 7
S Should I prioritize much needed self-care above reuniting with the guy I feel most deeply for? Depression Forum 5
wollie What can you do for your self Depression Forum 4
I I’ve relapsed into self harm and drug abuse Depression Forum 6
E Low self worth today. Depression Forum 6
JustinS1998 Low Self-Esteem Depression Forum 9
J Severe depression and self hatred Depression Forum 2
B Self hatred Depression Forum 26
S Self-Doubt Within Self-Help Depression Forum 1
wollie What can I do to boost my self esteem Depression Forum 9
Talina How do you boost your self view? Depression Forum 9
J Gum pain has been driving me ill Depression Forum 5
MeAndMyDepression Who has concentration/memory problems because of depression? Depression Forum 5
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
J SPRAVATO for Treatment Resistance Depression Has anyone used Spravato? Depression Forum 3
H Husband has depression Depression Forum 3
M My dad has now caused me to get anxiety attacks Depression Forum 5
IcyShadow The darkness has returned Depression Forum 5
S My boyfriends depression has become worse and now he’s acting mean? Depression Forum 63
F my dog has a poorly tummy Depression Forum 23
S New relationship has pushed me back down again Depression Forum 6
K How to help someone who has tried to commit suicide (two times) Depression Forum 6
M Depression has turned me into a monster Depression Forum 4
J Has my depressed fiancé fallen out of love? Depression Forum 6
wollie At last my pdoc has found a med that works for me Depression Forum 7
Tawny Depression has put it's slippers on Depression Forum 61
B My girlfriend has depression and is pushing me away. Depression Forum 3
R Has anyone ever been on Trintellix? What were your experiences? Depression Forum 2
G Mom has been in a depressive episode for over a month Depression Forum 2
C A single event last week has broken me Depression Forum 9
BLUESTAR009 If a person has one month of chronic depression does that age the face or is that not enough time to do aging damage? Depression Forum 5
S Anti seizure meds for anxiety has someone tried this? Depression Forum 4
AustralianDeb1986 Has anyone been on or know about the birth control implant Nexplanon / Implanon? Depression Forum 3
Y My “friend” has started bullying me and it’s getting worse Depression Forum 36
D My mom has been struggling with manic depression and psychotic episodes for months. Depression Forum 9
D DUNNO IF ANYONE HAS FELT THIS TOO? Depression Forum 2
M Who has experienced serious withdrawal symptoms and side effects on antidepressants? Depression Forum 20
C Chronic illness has me in a black hole Depression Forum 4
A How has issolation affected your routine and mood Depression Forum 1
A My Girlfriend (23F) has anxiety, depression, and is suicidal. How can I help her? Depression Forum 6