• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Seizures

F

Fallen Phoenix

Actually managed to get a couple hours sleep last night until I wake up for a drink so I head downstairs to get one then SMACK! I haven't suffered for any since my late childhood but very recently my fits/seizures have started to creep back up on me. As I live on my own there wasno anyone to put me into the recovery position. Now I'm just super sore with a nice big bump on the noggin and still mega tired.

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

sending many hugs im so sorry that happened to you

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Have you told the doctor about it?
I'm sure you already know, but you've got to be very careful when it comes to bumps on the head. x

F

Fallen Phoenix

Mi ma took when I was young but the docs had no explanation then. Because family are aware of past seizures and I know I cant fix them myself I tried to get in for tomorrow but it isn't possible till next week now but it's booked. Not looking forward to it tbh because I know I'm gonna be asked about the other issues but hey Ho, familes got me on this issue so.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I hope you are okay now? It must have been quite frightening (and painful!). Just wanted to wish you luck with your appointment next week. It might not be a bad thing bringing up your other issues. Just be as open as you can. Anyway, if you feel up to it, let us know how it goes.

F

Fallen Phoenix

Think I'm good, lack of sleep seems to be talking it's tool on my thinking atm, my mum seems more worried than I but thanks purple. Even though I'm not a constant poster this place is fast becoming a second home to me so I shall most definitely let you all know but I cant say I share the same enthusiasm about discussing other issues with the doctor but it looks pretty inevitable atm but again thank you.

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I know what you mean, this forum has been a godsend for me but can be a little addictive at times. I'm glad you're liking it here and hope you've found it of use. I'm glad that you don't feel too bad, I hope it continues. Mums! Lol. Mine's the same. Doesn't matter what age you are, mum's will always worry. At least it shows you how much she cares.

Lack of sleep can be awful! Maybe mention that to your doctor too. I've just been prescribed sleeping pills as my sleep had been almost non-existent. I don't think anyone really likes opening up to their doctors. It took me many years, and a change of doctors, to be honest and open with mine but I'm glad I did in the end. Just do the best you can :)

Take care