• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Seen the pdoc this morning

T

tony2010

Hi.I am 22 years old and live in Glasgow. I seen the pdoc this morning and he said i have Bipolar illness and he increased my Zyprexa(Olanzapine) to 20mg. My question is is this the highest dosage. Plus how will it make me feel?I still take it at night.

S

skyblue

Hi.I am 22 years old and live in Glasgow. I seen the pdoc this morning and he said i have Bipolar illness and he increased my Zyprexa(Olanzapine) to 20mg. My question is is this the highest dosage. Plus how will it make me feel?I still take it at night.
As far as I know Tony, it is the highest dosage. I used to have to take 20mg too, but I have now swapped over to Seroquel/Quetiapine because Olanzapine is notorious for weight gain.

How will it make you feel ? Well nobody can really answer that Tony, because everybody reacts differently, but for me I felt drowsy during the day time.
Other than the side effects (weight gain) and drowsiness, I think it's a really good drug and is very effective.

Hope you get on with it x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Bipolar Forum 1
P Bipolar Forum 13